New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    trucker, yes, that's what i'm going to do-- get insurance from someone else. The discount they offer is bigger if you don't avail of the insurance. If you do, the discount's much smaller, so in effect the "discount" isn't really a discount :T

Speaking of, can you guys recommend an insurance company that also offers roadside assistance privileges along with the policy? The one I have now does, but the one time I needed them, they made it so difficult for me, so I might switch if there's a better one.

desertfox, was always so conscious na mamatayan because my left foot wasn't doing anything lol esp when shifting. I need to read up on the best rules to follow when parking in inclines, idle in slow traffic, freewheeling down inclines, etc.. for me, it's a little different, if not complicated, than m/t

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto_minosa View Post
    Thanks for the clarification! Is the CVT any better than the 4-speed A/T?
    I would assume so. It can't get any worse than the current one, so there's nowhere to go but up. Ok so the 4-AT isn't really bad, I mean it's really smooth and shift shock is practically absent. But I'm just utterly irked at the lag it has. Of course, I'm one of the few people that drive an Altis even if I'm looking for a perky car, so maybe it's not bad for others. My mother doesn't seem bothered by it.

Though one thing that unarguably is a drawback of the 4-AT is the FC. The CVT would most likely give at least a 10% improvement. And with the CVT, I would expect faster response.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by desert fox View Post
    Muntik na sana ako magkaroon nyan avanza, kaya lang nagamit sa iba yung budget...sayang....di bale, ipon uli....
    kaya yan sir desert fox! (support talaga ako sa mga katulad ko adik sa avanza, hehe)
    may kakilala nga si sir jojo na bumili ng 2nd hand na avanza 1.5G + accessories, almost 400K din daw, sa cebu yata binili. or if kaya bumili ng brand new, pupwede na siguro ang 1.3J, katulad ng karamihan sa acp.. kaya dont give up (ipon uli )

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Four hours later, I still get so mad thinking about the Pajero and Civic I was on the road with. Oncoming Pajero's front lights were so bright I was seeing spots already and the traffic crawling so the light was in font of me for so long (evening yes, but in the middle of Ayala Ave?! hello!). Then later on a Civic's 4 brake lights were so bright, (left, right, middle and below... Jeez! yes we get it, you're stopping)... Can't these be regulated?? Ugh.

Rant.

I'll be getting a bronze car, can someone please suggest the best tint for it? I need something that may conceal the driver a bit from afar, but won't make driving at night difficult. I need to mention the specific kind for the 3M tint freebie so that the details are clear to the SA before we pay.

I've been reading the threads here, the most I got is that for the front it should be BC35. What's ok for the sides and rear, what number? Maybe like this? Is this too dark from the inside?

Thanks!

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by advan View Post
    I'll be getting a bronze car, can someone please suggest the best tint for it?
    sorry, I tried to backread but I couldn't catch what your choice was? Are you going for the Vios or the old Altis?

Wala bang discount yung new Altis? The old Altis they say had sludging problems but alaga lang kailangan dyan and you won't have to worry about it. I would go for the Altis just because of the safety and ride comfort.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    haha, still researching about cars on a friday night... I really need to conclude this. I've been so preoccupied researching for almost a month now. It's bordering on obsessive.

homer, the old Altis is out of the picture. I 've read the Altis owners thread so many times, and the more I do, the more I'm decided not to get it. So now, I'm 80% leaning towards Vios. It's not my best pick, but gotta follow the $$. They don't want to give any more discount to the new Altis coz it's so new daw. I don't know if I'm correct, but I'm a little sad that a Vios is not exactly an exciting upgrade from my current Corolla, whose interiors seem nicer and whose body seems sturdier than the metal of a Vios. Oh, well, at least it's an A/T. And in a few years , maybe I can upgrade to my dream graphite Civic (or Altis).

7. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by advan View Post
    haha, still researching about cars on a friday night... I really need to conclude this. I've been so preoccupied researching for almost a month now. It's bordering on obsessive.

homer, the old Altis is out of the picture. I 've read the Altis owners thread so many times, and the more I do, the more I'm decided not to get it. So now, I'm 80% leaning towards Vios. It's not my best pick, but gotta follow the $$. They don't want to give any more discount to the new Altis coz it's so new daw. I don't know if I'm correct, but I'm a little sad that a Vios is not exactly an exciting upgrade from my current Corolla, whose interiors seem nicer and whose body seems sturdier than the metal of a Vios. Oh, well, at least it's an A/T. And in a few years , maybe I can upgrade to my dream graphite Civic (or Altis).
    try to consider ford fiesta.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    *advan -- seriously, you really should consider the Ford Fiesta. And this is coming from someone who recently bought a 1.3E Vios A/T

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    *advan, consider the Fiesta poweshift kung Vios talaga pinagiisipan mo kunin ngayon. Kung madalas 2 or less lang kayo nakasakay, and you very seldom need back seats and trunk space, tapos driving pleasure is really important for you, then go Fiesta.

Kung hindi ka sold, suggest you wait for a few more months and check out the new Hyundai Accent also. Good engine and good cabin space, same tranny type (4AT) with Vios. Tutal initially iniisip mo naman next year ka pa dapat bibili.

Personally, hindi ako natutuwa sa current Vios. New car with the same engine as that of the 1999 Echo/Yaris (12 years na!). Luma na yung engine design/technology. Dapat dyan may 1.3 at 1.5 dual VVTi na. Kaya nga hindi rin ako gaanong sold sa old Altis because they sold this with the old ZZ engines na may sludge issues nga.

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    homer, if it's any indication, the a/t in the accent's category marked around 900-1M... I think if the accent came out in a/t (if i'm not mistaken, currently, it's just m/t), it would be more or less in that price range, which is beyond my budget re ford-- shouldn't i be worried that it's a Ford? As in the bailed out/almost closed Ford a few years back? I got that warning from around 5 people in the course of my "research"...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
buying a toyota, advise pls