New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Hybrid View

1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    hi there, im contemplating on getting a pickup truck within the next few weeks or months.. but im kinda confused on which one to buy. i limited my choices to the Toyota Hilux G 3.0L Diesel 4X4 A/T and the Mitsubishi Strada 3.2L 4X4 A/T. yeah you could say that test driving the said pickup trucks would definitely be the clincher, but i would like to gather some of your inputs.

thanks in advance for the replies.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by [r]ichkri3g View Post
    hi there, im contemplating on getting a pickup truck within the next few weeks or months.. but im kinda confused on which one to buy. i limited my choices to the Toyota Hilux G 3.0L Diesel 4X4 A/T and the Mitsubishi Strada 3.2L 4X4 A/T. yeah you could say that test driving the said pickup trucks would definitely be the clincher, but i would like to gather some of your inputs.

thanks in advance for the replies.

wow, parehong mahal.

strada gls 4x4at=1.2M
    hilux 3.0 G 4x4at=1.4M

mas type ko ang dating ng strada.

Tundra ayaw mo?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Strada is my choice. More powerful with class leading comfort, if its the 3.2 variant youre getting.

D-max okay din naman. I prefer the D-max over the Hi-lux if youre not that much into offroading.

strada 3.2 4x4 glx-manual for maximized power and efficiency! pero kung a/t ok lang din...

masyadong over-hype na toyota ngayon...mas madami pang extras ang strad(like the power rear window and center guage console nya)

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    based on my experiences on talking with owners of both brands. hi-lux.

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    You might want to consider the Ford Ranger 3.0 TDCi 4x4. Best in class torque, imho. The only I dislike about the Ranger is the ancient hand twist operated parking brakes and its higher floor (therefore smaller cabin space but excellent ground clearance for off roading).

TopGear Phils did a shoot-out comparison bet. the three pickups: 1st Ford Ranger, 2nd Toyota Hilux 3rd. Mitsu Strada.

The Strada is also nice with its storm trooper fascia, but its interior is a big let down as well as it short pick-up bed (if one really uses this). Most people also say, the Hilux is really bumpy in the rear, esp. when its cargo bed is unladen.

Buying a Pickup Truck Soon: Toyota Hilux or Mitsubishi Strada?