New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    AE101 kasi yun ang meron ako. I first used the xl model then when the TRD series came out we bought one as an upgrade. until now we still have the TRD our oldest car. Still very reliable and fresh.:D siguro this year baka dress up ko na.:beard:

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    AE92...sarap ihataw lalo na pag GL /1.6L
    AE101...spacious...best seller that time
    AE111...pinakamasikip...la kwenta ang 1.3L...yun lang kasi nakayaan ng budget dati

the present Altis with its new engine, aggressive exterior and elegant interior(esp. 1.8G variant) for me is the best...

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    The AE101 is definitely sportier than the current Altis, the next best Corolla for me. The AE111 seemed to have been made just so Toyota can launch a new model. It's more bland, heavier and less spacious inside than the AE101. Although this model is still reliable and efficient as the Corolla brand is defined, the EK Civic has this by the throat.

The AE101 can be just as fast as any 1.6-liter Honda (except SiR), yet consumes less fuel. I just don't know why most drag racers pick heavier Civics over this. The only thing this car lacked, if not a passenger airbag, is the option of a 4A-GE engine, which is just a match to the SiR.

It is also arguable that the AE86 is the best Corolla ever made. Yes, the last of the rear-drive economy Toyotas proves to be one of the best drifting cars until now, but most buyers prefer user-friendliness, which is why they are more suited to front-drive. An ordinary driver may find himself or herself more likely to spin in the 86. Yes, there is LSD in the top model, but the driver must be his own ABS, traction and stability control as this car doesn't have any of them.
    Last edited by squala; October 14th, 2004 at 02:17 AM.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    unfair naman sobra ng comparison na yan! 1st of all SUV ang Everest and 2nd Diesel yun and lastly laki ng weight difference niyan dalawa. and everest was not made for speed.

my favorite rolla is yung AE111 Euro version. super guapo. but that is just my favirite version. IMO all rollas are great cars

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Oo nga, no contest naman pag Corolla vs. Everest.

Well, I had an experience at Ortigas against a black ESi with FHM setup. He got a headstart after the flyover. I was in 4th almost all the time, lakas pa rin ng hatak. The ESi was rather breathless that I got ahead right before the Santolan intersection. Considering my muffler is still stock, boy, that's the ride of my life!

6. Join Date
    May 2004
    I had an 80' corolla liftback, 5 spd with a 2T engine,that's the best one for me. A bit small but sporty, ultra reliable, fast and economical, the only reason I sold it was bec. I'm migrating here in NZ. For me , nothing can beat cars with rear wheel drive and chain-driven engines.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Being the most successful car in the world, the Corolla is definitely here to stay. Since its 1966 introduction, this car has given the best definition of an economy car. It's efficient and reliable, and in today's crisis, these two factors are the ones that really count. These are where most if not all Corolla units ever made excellently satisfied.

The only major criticism about this particular Toyota model is its simplicity. It has failed to draw spectators to take another look of its exterior styling. The new Altis finally answers this issue, which now represents the Corolla's pride of being the fittest to survive the world of automobiles.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    wala ako alam sa corolla pero for me ang pinaka ok is yung 1996(?) model na TRD. sobra simple pero deadly.hehe halos sir na rin ang makina. then next yung altis ngayon. lalo na ang 1.8 :D

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Originally posted by allanraymondr
    wala ako alam sa corolla pero for me ang pinaka ok is yung 1996(?) model na TRD. sobra simple pero deadly.hehe halos sir na rin ang makina. then next yung altis ngayon. lalo na ang 1.8 :D
    Anong TRD ang sinasabi mo? Yung sakin kasi exactly the same engine as other GLi models. Turbo ba yung tinutukoy mo?

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    basta tumingin kami nun sa toyota qc d ko na maalala kung kailan tapos may binebenta sila nun na corolla TRD (d ko nacheck yung makina nun, wala pa kasi ako alam sa kotse nun.hehe). ang hinahanap ko lang kasi sa mga kotse is yung top of the line kaagad. mas mataas pa sa 1.6gli. sa pagkakaalala ko nasa 145 to 150hp yun.

Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
The Best Toyota Corolla