New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    *yes, the 92-95 V6 SHO (Super high output) Taurus...was the best ever.

*96 Oval Taurus sold well too, but its also the model that started to fumble.

*Nissan also messed up with the Maxima... 94-98 models sold well although not as high as the top 3 (Accord, Camry, Taurus)

*good thing Altima's sales boosted too, which is nice.

*the USDM 98 Galant (shark) was catching up before... it now seemed to have lost it again

*btw, its not always the Camry who's bagging the award... sometimes its the Accord sometimes its the Taurus, the Fusion is doing well but not with overheated enthusiasm.
    Taurus is dead...well,,, not for fleet and rental customers that is.

*Mazda6...well, not all family car buyers in US prefers sporty types...but wins hand down for the boy racer/family man types...

*Kudos to Hyundai Sonata.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto
    We paid a bit more for ours. But, we do have free oil changes for at least 4 years (wife wanted it) and our warranty is 10 year/100k miles bumper to bumper versus the regular 10 year/100k powertrain warranty. Pretty bold statement by Hyundai if you ask me.
    Yep, Korean cars are getting better and better, my own opinion is they are better build than the domestics and almost at par with the Japs. Anybody seen the Hyundai Azera yet? very nice, you'll never think its a Korean car. Also, pansin niyo po ba if you go to a Korean car dealership ang mga vehicles nila smells different? I don't know if its the interior materials they used or what, I'm not saying they smell bad its just that they smell different or maybe its just me, ha!ha!ha!

Sir Jun aka Pekto,
    Free oil change for 4 years and 10 year/100k bumper to bumper? instead of just the powertrain? wow that's awesome and that's what you call standing behind your product!!!

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by medyas
    Anybody seen the Hyundai Azera yet? very nice, you'll never think its a Korean car.

Sir Jun aka Pekto,
    Free oil change for 4 years and 10 year/100k bumper to bumper? instead of just the powertrain? wow that's awesome and that's what you call standing behind your product!!!
    Like I said, we paid a little more to have that peace of mind. Plus, there's a shuttle van that takes us home (anywhere in the city) while the car is being serviced and then picks us up from home when the servicing is done. The Ford dealer (owns also the Mazda and Hyundai dealerships and where we have our Contour serviced) next door goes further by having free tv watching (plasma tv's), free doughtnuts and coffee, and pc's (in soundproof cubicles) with high speed internet while you wait.........

There's a school admin at my daughter's school who owns an Azera. It doesn't looks any bigger than our Sonata and it looks just a bit sleeker. The interior also looks better although I can't stand that wood trim. The engine has more hp though, in the region of 263hp. I've heard rumors of the Azera engine being retrofitted to limited edition Sonatas in the future. For ours, I'll wait a few more years (my normal routine) before adding a supercharger.

Anyway, Toyota is truly everywhere. Right here in our neighborhood in the burbs, our next door neighbor has a Toyota Avalon, the house across (offset to the right) has aToyota Sienna, the house to the right of that one has a Corolla S, the house to the right of that one has a Camry V6, The house to the right of that one has a twin-turbo Supra (and NSX, S2000), the house across to our left has a Toyota Land Cruiser..... all in addition to other vehicles

It looks like we're surrounded by Toyota owners. We have the Sonata and Contour, the house right across us have a Mecury Cougar, next to that one is a house that has a Ford F150 and Chevy Malibu LT, the other house to our left has a Jetta, the next house down has a Cadillac followed by another house with a Camry........
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; June 4th, 2006 at 04:10 AM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    what that top 10 list tells me is that most americans still view automobiles as appliances...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
all new camry a slamdunk for toyota