New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Not going to touch it with a 10 foot pole...

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow3616931 View Post
    IMO, no... it will cause you a lot of trouble in the future, corrosion will start eating the electrical and electronic parts, terminals will corrode then connection will get poorer and poorer, magkakaroon ng resistance then will cause heating up, thus may cause system malfunction or even fire. Insulation will get poor too causing grounded electrical system then fuses will be busted and wires will burn. Electric motors like radiator fan, blower, etc will soon fail.

Not unless everything has been cleaned and dried up by casa even the internal parts of every single little component or casa replaced everything wiring harness, ecu, relays, sensors, swiches, dash instruments, etc which i doubt it.

Considering the case that it was submerged to floodwater & it's price is 550K, better get a brand new car eventhough it's fortuner. You'll just be facing great trouble in the near future. This is a brotherly advice. Now if you know something about vehicle repair thinks twice considering it's 1/2million before going for it.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by sm2by View Post
    My uncle is searching for a 2nd hand car, his budget is 500k for a large sedan or an AUV/SUV,
    One of his friends told him about this flooded 2006 Fortuner White 4x2 2.7G VVT-i GAS,

• It was submerged up to the door handles...
    • Already cleaned and serviced by a toyota casa (w/ reciepts)
    • ECU is not damaged, guaranteed by the mechanics * the casa
    • Engine is in good running condition, transmission is ok too...
    • The bottom of the seats have water marks, but the interior is pristine
    • Headlights have moisture build-ups...
    • The alarm does not work but my uncle doesn't mind...

Do you think this is a good deal since the car was fixed by a Toyota Dealer and it seems to run fine when we test drove it?
    And for the price my Tito is already tempted to buy it since he really likes the Fort
    From the info above somewhat pwede na rin.
    1. Anyway the ECU was not damaged.
    2. Alarm is not a big deal.

Submerged just up door handle oks na bsta ok ang motor ng power window.
    Headlights have moisture build-ups, clean it asap para wag masira ang reflector.

If it's a gas engine & no problem w/ ur uncle pwede na. Mas ok kung 500k nlang or lower

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post

Camry 3.5Q flood damaged ---- this scenario happened to an uncle of my close friend. Going to Subic along NLEX. The car was flood damaged and repaired. He loses brakes, steering, everything on the NLEX. He panics and uses the parking brake to slow down. Obviously, this causes the car to spin.

To cut the Long story short, he died. His passenger barely survived to tell the tale.

All his relatives immediately sold their flood damaged cars (fixed or not).
    You mean he got an Ondoy damaged Camry? So I take that this happened very recently?

Didn't catch this in the news.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    Yung matitipid ba is worth the hassle? Kung mismong casa ayaw garantiyahan, papasakayin mo ba mga mahal mo sa buhay?
    Ito pinaka importante na tanong dito. Ito lang talaga.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    You mean he got an Ondoy damaged Camry? So I take that this happened very recently?

Didn't catch this in the news.
    I think it's some sort of scare tactic. There's no record in NLEX's accident file about a camry losing control or maybe ithe accident occurred outside.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Update:
    The owner of the Fortuner, a friend of my tito added;

• The fort was in their garage when it got flooded, not on the road so it means the engine was off, and as soon as they knew that the water level would reach the engine bay they got the batteries out in time.
    • It was towed to the Casa compliments of the towing service of the car's insurance. And have not been started after being flooded.
    • Orginally the price is 620k but since his close buds with my tito he is willing to give it away for 550k. And they would be migrating to Canada next year so they would be disposing of it anyway.

Were taking a look at it again today, for the ones who commented that its better to buy a new car, or the everest (which I also like) thanks for sharing your feedback...

8. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Unless kapitbahay nyo sya meaning nakita mo talaga kung hangang saan yung baha at paano nila hinandle yung kotse i'd really stay away from it. You might end up spending for as much as a "flood-free" Fortuner.

Currently dealing with my girlfriend's "partially-flooded" Vios. Spend 25K fixing it, ran fine for a few months, conked out on the road recently and now needs a new ECU and a whole lot of other parts.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by glntVR View Post
    It might look like a bargain but don't expect worry free driving.

Agree. Mahirap sumugal.........

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
550k 2006 Fortuner (flooded) Good Deal?