New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    The Veloz is not trying to be an SUV though, it's basically a more stylish Avanza.
    The way I see it, the Veloz is Toyota's direct Xpander competitor.

PS: The facelifted Xpander has the same tire size and has about the same ground clearance as the Xpander Cross.
    Agreed, but the Cross and XL7 are technically also both stylish counterparts of Expander and Ertiga as well. Different styling directions (SUV) but same method of modified ends and cladded sides.

Looks like this is a more direct counterpart, than the (unfair) totally different body Toyota Rush

The way I see it, the Veloz is Toyota's direct Xpander competitor.
    what would this new Avanza be competing with Mitsu then?

PS: The facelifted Xpander has the same tire size and has about the same ground clearance as the Xpander Cross.
    This got me curious, is the Cross' suspension basically just an adjusted suspension of the Xpander's or it comes with added modifications? (thinking of lifting an Xpander in the future should i purchase a used one )

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by foifoi05 View Post
    Agreed, but the Cross and XL7 are technically also both stylish counterparts of Expander and Ertiga as well. Different styling directions (SUV) but same method of modified ends and cladded sides.
    Unlike the Xpander Cross with its cladding, the XL7 has unique panels like its fenders and hood. The level of changes Suzuki did to turn the Ertiga to an XL7 is probably close to the Mobilio to BR-V tranformation. (Honda went a step further by changing the skins of the rear quarter panel/D-pillar to change the shape of the rearmost side window, actual opening is the roughly the same size)

Quote Originally Posted by foifoi05 View Post
    what would this new Avanza be competing with Mitsu then?
    The New Avanza has no direct Mitsubishi equivalent. I guess the closest comparison is the top Avanza G trim vs base Xpander GLX trim.
    Last edited by AG4; March 15th, 2022 at 04:05 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    mataas yung ground clearance ng xl7 eh.. kita din sa wheel arches na parang lifted ertiga.. iba din ang itsura nung xl7 sa harap pero yung side profile ertiga talaga

based sa pics, medyo mababa yung dating ng new avanza..

4. Join Date
    Jul 2013

5. Join Date
    Jul 2013

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    so they're positioning this as an "suv". as the article said, paano na ang rush? to think it's still one of toyota's best-sellers.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Baka avanza na rear wheel and ladder frame? Malabo pero baka. Sana
    Quote Originally Posted by coiter View Post
    so they're positioning this as an "suv". as the article said, paano na ang rush? to think it's still one of toyota's best-sellers.
    Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

8. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Here are the tentative specs and prices of the PH-bound Toyota Veloz | TopGear PH

2022 Toyota Veloz Prices
    Toyota Veloz 1.5 V CVT – P1,225,000
    Toyota Veloz 1.5 G CVT – P1,185,000
    None of this is official just yet, but we’re very much expecting TMP to release an announcement real soon.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    40K difference isn't that much.. probably bigger tires? better Head Unit? leather seats?

10. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Confirmed: Toyota Veloz to be launched in PH on April 29, will start at P1.185-M | TopGear PH

TMP is calling the Veloz a subcompact SUV when it’s essentially just a snazzier-looking Avanza, which is a subcompact MPV. Don’t worry, we’ll be sure to ask TMP questions about that during the launch.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast