New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Hi, I’m also getting mine on friday. Didn’t bother to test drive baka mabanga ko ang test car. Noob question, is it fine to manually downshift on this cvt when going down a steep and long downhill? Do I need to continually downshift by shifting to -M if it goes outside the engine braking speed or does it remain there? My only experience in driving is with my honda jazz gd cvt. Engine braking only happens when speed is around 30kph but it will continue to speed up to 60 or more if I leave it alone even if I set it to L.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by kitoymonster View Post
    Hi, I’m also getting mine on friday. Didn’t bother to test drive baka mabanga ko ang test car. Noob question, is it fine to manually downshift on this cvt when going down a steep and long downhill? Do I need to continually downshift by shifting to -M if it goes outside the engine braking speed or does it remain there? My only experience in driving is with my honda jazz gd cvt. Engine braking only happens when speed is around 30kph but it will continue to speed up to 60 or more if I leave it alone even if I set it to L.
    Basically, here's what the owner's manual says (paraphrased):

When in low gears using shiftmatic mode (M), it stays there as long as you don't rev too high (red line) where the ECU will automatically shift up to protect the engine.

When in high gears using shiftmatic mode, it automatically downshifts when speed is slow, or to M1 if vehicle stops.

You can choose gears from M1 to M7.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by makinao View Post
    Actually, The UP Diliman Academic Oval is 2.2km. So 6km is just under three rounds.
    Thanks for the correction. But u all understand the point

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Wrong mistake not doing test drive. Paano pag nakuha mo na, di mo pala gusto ang ride?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    use the brakes. mas mura brake pads kesa sa cvt transmission

6. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero View Post
    Wrong mistake not doing test drive. Paano pag nakuha mo na, di mo pala gusto ang ride?

Wala pa naman akong expectation since first brand new car ko pa to. Compared to my beater car, anything new will do.

Comfortable naman xa as a passenger sa taxi. Gusto ni wife ng sedan na more than 1.0 ang engine tapos AT/CVT tranny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Wala pa naman akong expectation since first brand new car ko pa to. Compared to my beater car, anything new will do.

Comfortable naman xa as a passenger sa taxi. Gusto ni wife ng sedan na more than 1.0 ang engine tapos AT/CVT tranny.

errr..
    what is your beater car, po?

so wifey will drive?

8. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    honda fit gd surplus po. Me and wifey will drive.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    use the brakes. mas mura brake pads kesa sa cvt transmission
    Partly true. If hindi naman continuous at hindi naman high RPM/redlining, use engine brakes with the right gear WITH brakes. Pag nag overheat ang brake pads, baka madisgrasya ka pa due to brake fading and loss of control.

Key here is to watch your RPM when engine braking, use breaks as necessary and watch your speed (when driving on steep downhill inclines). Safety first

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by pythoglyphs View Post
    Partly true. If hindi naman continuous at hindi naman high RPM/redlining, use engine brakes with the right gear WITH brakes. Pag nag overheat ang brake pads, baka madisgrasya ka pa due to brake fading and loss of control.

Key here is to watch your RPM when engine braking, use breaks as necessary and watch your speed (when driving on steep downhill inclines). Safety first
    What will be the rpm bruh to start stepping on the break? I does this but in my m/t... pag 3k rpm dun ako nag brebreak...

Sent from my iPhone XS Max using Tapatalk

Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
2019 Toyota Vios 1.3 XE