New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    i agree. financially there is little incentive for Philippine car owners to shift to hybrid at this time and especially that diesel is still a viable option for us pa.
    Does viable mean cheaper to fillup and run?

If you do the math, hybrid will win even if the 91ron gas is 20% more expensive than diesel. (Nowadays its php61 gas vs 51 diesel)

Whats the common fuel economy for diesel ppv? my guesstimate is around 10-11km/l being generous.

The epa rating for Rav4 hybrid is 38-41mpg ( 16.1 to 17.4km/l, around 60% than diesels economy.

The current Camry hybrid are 51-53mpg (21.6-22.5km/l). So basically it can cover twice the distance over a liter of diesel.

Not to mention. if you are only travelling in city speeds of less than 40-80kph, hybrid will be delivering its best figures.

So I think, Unless you need to tow stuff, diesel is a no brainer. But if you think you are saving money because filling up the tank with diesel is cheaper per liter, you need to take into account how much it cost to run.

I have computed before how much exactly it cost to run electric vehicles forgot the exact figures but its close to having diesel but at the price of 12pesos of liter.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by tool_46n2 View Post
    Does viable mean cheaper to fillup and run?

If you do the math, hybrid will win even if the 91ron gas is 20% more expensive than diesel. (Nowadays its php61 gas vs 51 diesel)

Whats the common fuel economy for diesel ppv? my guesstimate is around 10-11km/l being generous.

The epa rating for Rav4 hybrid is 38-41mpg ( 16.1 to 17.4km/l, around 60% than diesels economy.

The current Camry hybrid are 51-53mpg (21.6-22.5km/l). So basically it can cover twice the distance over a liter of diesel.

Not to mention. if you are only travelling in city speeds of less than 40-80kph, hybrid will be delivering its best figures.

So I think, Unless you need to tow stuff, diesel is a no brainer. But if you think you are saving money because filling up the tank with diesel is cheaper per liter, you need to take into account how much it cost to run.

I have computed before how much exactly it cost to run electric vehicles forgot the exact figures but its close to having diesel but at the price of 12pesos of liter.
    I personally ran some numbers... As my wife really wants to buy a hybrid. I also drove on her possible morning and afternoon routes to see if the hybrid has a chance to recharge its batteries.

Innova G vs Corolla Cross

F/C will almost be the same, Cross will be more efficient if the traffic is really bad. ZigWheels released a video of the Cross vs the Fortuner and highway mileage were almost the same.

IMO, biggest selling point of a hybrid... I can wait in the parking lot with the A/C on and not waste fuel.

Although, until the final check is written, I can't really confirm if my wife will go hybrid this year.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    In a hybrid, will the aircon compressor run on batteries alone? ...

4. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    I can't speak for the local Corolla/Cross

Pero my experience with the Prius (overseas), yes.

That's why I always hated the start/stop system... A/C stops blowing cold air if your stop is taking longer than usual (CR breaks). with a hybrid... A/C still blows cool air.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Did a lot of things on the ‘Ravvy’ during the lockdown, like parking sensors, front and rear cameras and this one:

10in Ugar UX1 headunit with wireless Carplay bought from Lazada. 2019 Toyota RAV4 (Next Generation)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    I can't speak for the local Corolla/Cross

Pero my experience with the Prius (overseas), yes.

That's why I always hated the start/stop system... A/C stops blowing cold air if your stop is taking longer than usual (CR breaks). with a hybrid... A/C still blows cool air.
    toyota/denso have these electrically driven ac compressors.

Quote Originally Posted by Dekra View Post
    Did a lot of things on the ‘Ravvy’ during the lockdown, like parking sensors, front and rear cameras and this one:

10in Ugar UX1 headunit with wireless Carplay bought from Lazada. 2019 Toyota RAV4 (Next Generation)

tipid ba sa fuel? nice rav4 interior

7. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    toyota/denso have these electrically driven ac compressors.

tipid ba sa fuel? nice rav4 interior
    Okay naman I guess, although nasa around 3000km pa lang since Nov2019 so haven’t driven it that much.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2013

9. Join Date
    Jul 2013

10. Join Date
    Jul 2013