New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Lin Dan View Post
    Better looking taxis soon on Metro roads
    Hmmmmm .... I would say SAFER taxis soon on Metro roads. Sounds good to me.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Better looking taxis soon on Metro roads
    the rear looks smaller but higher. ive seen lots of whites recently. classy rear tail lights.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I doubt. Operators normally disable airbags. With the way their drivers are driving, lagi pumuputok airbags ang nasisira ang interiors...

Learned this from a few taxi fleet owners
    Quote Originally Posted by makinao View Post
    Hmmmmm .... I would say SAFER taxis soon on Metro roads. Sounds good to me.
    Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    ^I agree with this.

If operators can get 5k off per car without the airbags, they'll take that 5k off.

Sent from my ASUS_Z017DA using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    ^I agree with this.

If operators can get 5k off per car without the airbags, they'll take that 5k off.

Sent from my ASUS_Z017DA using Tapatalk
    Is there an option on not to include airbags?

6. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    After seeing the prices, this Vios totally change Toyota's image. I hope they continue with this trend on saftey on their upcoming models.

Nice one Toyota! Busy monthly sales coming

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by myas110 View Post
    Yung Base model (lower than the J) will also be released, and has all the safety features (7 airbags, ABS, VSA) and front power windows.
    After seeing the prices, this Vios totally change Toyota's image. I hope they continue with this trend on saftey on their upcoming models.

Nice one Toyota! Busy monthly sales coming

We have the ASEAN NCAP New Overall Assessment Protocol to thank for that. Any major car manufacturer making high-volume mass-market models will be compelled to include more safety features to meet the 5-star assessment under the 2017 to 2020 testing protocols. All new cars going forward will have more or less the same safety features if they want to get a 5-star rating since safety assist features now account for 25% of the total score and a car cannot get a 5-star rating if it does not score at least 60% in the safety assist domain.

For example, perfect scores in the adult (50% weight) and child (25% weight) occupant protection domains cannot merit a 5-star rating, even if the total score meets the 5-star score of 75%, if the safety assist domain does not at least score 15% (60% of the safety domain's 25% weight in the overall score). The required minimums in all three domains ensure that no car gets an overall high star rating by being mediocre in any of the three domains.

Read here for more info on ASEAN NCAP's updated assessment protocols:
    The Ratings Explained – Aseancap
    http://themepixel.com.my/aseancap/wp...-1.0-FINAL.pdf

So don't be too quick to praise Toyota for "upping their game". It just so happened that they were one of the first locally to introduce models that were subjected to the new testing protocols. Manufacturers will always game the rating system to achieve an acceptable compromise between marketability, profitability and overall assessment score.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Is there an option on not to include airbags?
    Not sure yet... Mga next year pa ako nandyan so by the time I can confirm this with friends in the taxi business... 2019 Vios na

But like what sirkosero mentioned. If they can't have it removed, they'll have it disabled.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    Not sure yet... Mga next year pa ako nandyan so by the time I can confirm this with friends in the taxi business... 2019 Vios na

But like what sirkosero mentioned. If they can't have it removed, they'll have it disabled.
    Baka mag labas sila ng taxi models na wala yan mga safety features na yan

10. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    Baka mag labas sila ng taxi models na wala yan mga safety features na yan
    Palagay ko di nila gagawin yun boss. Mawawala 5-star NCAP rating nila for Vios models in the ASEAN region.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
2018 Toyota Vios