New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    I think the Mazda 6 is a good alternative to the Camry. If I was to buy a Honda, I'd get a Civic Sport with a naturally aspirated 2.0L Inline 4 and a MT. Civics nowadays almost qualify as midsize cars.
    The 10th gen Accord Sport (1.5T or 2.0T with 6MT) is raved by auto journalists out there in the US. The 2.0T model sports a detuned version of the Civic Type R engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    The 10th gen Accord Sport (1.5T or 2.0T with 6MT) is raved by auto journalists out there in the US. The 2.0T model sports a detuned version of the Civic Type R engine.
    The auto journalists here are all mesmerized by short-term thrills which is fine because they're all enthusiasts.

But, at this stage, I just want a nice-looking and reliable car. Something I can keep for a long time until it either falls apart or quit running. Turbos and CVT are a no-no. I don't need fast 0-60 mph times anymore. The last time I had 5 seconds of fun (to 52 mph), it cost me $250 plus (-4) demerits on my driving record.

The Camry hardly ever wins any automotive award. Yet, it consistently tops its segment when it comes to sales. Even if I took rental fleet sales into account, I still see a lot of Camrys on the road and they aren't rental cars. I just happened to join the crowd.

The Camry SE looks a lot more stunning in person. My camera can't even capture the right shade of blue here. It's the same with the other photos on the Internet. The camera sensor seems to have a hard time resolving the correct shade of blue.

It's also hard to nail down the current Camry's looks. Depending on the angle, it's like looking at 4 different cars. The paint job is the same way. That stunning shade of blue can look like purple during early morning and then become a much darker blue at noon.

Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; May 25th, 2019 at 01:19 PM.

3. Join Date
    May 2019
    ^ I would get the current Camry SE over the current Accord. Not a fan of Accord's new styling and still skeptical on Honda's 1.5Ts fuel dilution issues.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Wave24/7 View Post
    ^ I would get the current Camry SE over the current Accord. Not a fan of Accord's new styling and still skeptical on Honda's 1.5Ts fuel dilution issues.
    I would get an Accord if I was either leasing or I plan to trade it in for a new car after say, 5 years. It is quite sporty. But, I still like the Civic better. If I ever get my own car that is for me alone (nobody else but me)? I'd get a Civic Coupe Sport with a NA 2.0L Inline 4 and manual transmission. Oh. Make it blue, please. ;)

Yeah, I know this is a Camry thread. But, this would be my favorite alternative.

Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; June 1st, 2019 at 01:06 PM.

5. Join Date
    May 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    I would get an Accord if I was either leasing or I plan to trade it in for a new car after say, 5 years. It is quite sporty. But, I still like the Civic better. If I ever get my own car that is for me alone (nobody else but me)? I'd get a Civic Coupe Sport with a NA 2.0L Inline 4 and manual transmission. Oh. Make it blue, please. ;)

Yeah, I know this is a Camry thread. But, this would be my favorite alternative.
    Looks sharp. I would probably find a good condition 2016/2017 Honda Accord EX-L V6 manual coupe as my (own) daily drive.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2013

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789