New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 144 of 146 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145146 LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 1460
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post
    Did the Fortuner ever have the 2.0li gas? Alam ko the base gas engine was always the 2.7li ever since the first gen Fort.

Pushing such a heavy car wala din naman fuel economy advantage to using a smaller displacement engine that has to be worked very hard. Parang yung old 2.0li Revo lang which guzzles so much gas,

IMO they should offer their 3.5li V6 in the Fort. Newer and more powerful than the 4.0li despite smaller displacement.
    I do mean what TMP did the same with the Fort gas engine which is the 2.7 vvti that they discontinued. The 2.0 vvti engine is only exclusive in the Innova for PHDM/Indonesia DM.

In other countries like the United Arab Emirates their Innova has the exact same engine with the Fortuner 2.7L gas engine.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    as an aside nakasabay ako noon ng 2.0gas innova that was hauling ass. mabilis din! I was driving a sedan then hindi ko ma overtake-kan hehe.
    or it might be on power mode if its a 2016-2020 innova dual vvti.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    yes you are correct 2.7gas ang base engine. I do not think they designed the 3.5liter to be longitudinally mounted in any of toyota's vehicles so that is one good guess already why they were never fitted sa fortuner.
    The 3.5l v6 was already been fitted to a current gen hiace in australian market. unless toyota wants to put this engine in the fortuner, hilux or maybe innova.

Quote Originally Posted by LOLZ View Post
    They'd probably drop the 2.8 across the line if they were to bring the 2.4 like india did for their BS-VI(Sorta like euro 6) refresh of the innova to give the fort breathing room which did retain the 2.8 for india.Toyota PH probably shares if not produces the 1GD engine for the Indonesian market which is used solely in the hiace with the IMV vehicles available only with the 2.4 2GD.

The Tacoma had the camry's 2GR and the Aus hiace and china market prado has the 7GR although both cases are detuned not far from the dual vvti 1gr in the FJ
    I was wondering why the Indonesian market (kijang) innova doesn't have the 2.8L 1GD engine. This maybe the reason if they opted for the smaller engine they will drop the 1GD.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by thearsenal1205 View Post

I was wondering why the Indonesian market (kijang) innova doesn't have the 2.8L 1GD engine. This maybe the reason if they opted for the smaller engine they will drop the 1GD.
    i hope not and wish they drop the R151 5mt for the 6 speed instead. I doubt they Toyota PH is making the 5mt that is to be used in the MT LC70s/200s nor the UN-only variations of the fort/hiace/prado/hilux with the non-turbo/non commonrail 5L-E and TPH already makes the 6MT RC60 already.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    yes you are correct 2.7gas ang base engine. I do not think they designed the 3.5liter to be longitudinally mounted in any of toyota's vehicles so that is one good guess already why they were never fitted sa fortuner.
    It's already in the 3rd Gen Tacoma since 2016. Rumors are that it'll soon be going in the next 4Runner which uses the same platform as the Prado and isn't too different from the Fortuner.

Last edited by Dr.Kamiya; February 22nd, 2021 at 11:08 AM.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    i hope not and wish they drop the R151 5mt for the 6 speed instead. I doubt they Toyota PH is making the 5mt that is to be used in the MT LC70s/200s nor the UN-only variations of the fort/hiace/prado/hilux with the non-turbo/non commonrail 5L-E and TPH already makes the 6MT RC60 already.
    This is actually what i am expecting in this facelift/update innova to have a 6 speed mt. I hoped that the next update of the innova will ditch the R151 5-speed transmission and will make the RC60 transmission (6 mt from hiace/hilux/fortuner) standard across the innova lineup. (except V of course.)

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    The 3.5l v6 was already been fitted to a current gen hiace in australian market. unless toyota wants to put this engine in the fortuner, hilux or maybe innova.
    thanks bro. new info to me. Makes me think sino target market ng v6 sa australia as the hiace is a commercial vehicle. di hamak mas matipid sa fuel ang diesel. must be significant kun inoffer nila yun 3.5v6 sa hiace

8. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post
    It's already in the 3rd Gen Tacoma since 2016. Rumors are that it'll soon be going in the next 4Runner which uses the same platform as the Prado and isn't too different from the Fortuner.
    Funnily enough the 4.0 V6 prado outlasted the 3.5 V6 variant that's offered in china.

http://autonews.gasgoo.com/china_news/70017278.html

This is actually what i am expecting in this facelift/update innova to have a 6 speed mt. I hoped that the next update of the innova will ditch the R151 5-speed transmission and will make the RC60 transmission (6 mt from hiace/hilux/fortuner) standard across the innova lineup. (except V of course.)
    Kinda expected i guess since even toyota india havent moved to the 6MT with the 2021 refresh even though they offered the 6MT as an option previously as part of the diesel touring sports trim(2.8 was AT only though before that got discontinued).

https://web.archive.org/web/20200805...touring-sport/

thanks bro. new info to me. Makes me think sino target market ng v6 sa australia as the hiace is a commercial vehicle. di hamak mas matipid sa fuel ang diesel. must be significant kun inoffer nila yun 3.5v6 sa hiace
    Kinda weird they offered the v6 in the hiace at all in australia given that they had to discontinue the V6 in the hilux and prado due to weak sales which should be more receptive to gas engines as a dual purpose leisure vehicle.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Funnily enough the 4.0 V6 prado outlasted the 3.5 V6 variant that's offered in china.

http://autonews.gasgoo.com/china_news/70017278.html
    Higpit ng China sa emissions. IIRC emissions was the reason why they were the only market to have the 3.5li V6 in the first place, but apparently even that is not enough anymore.
    It's still on the Toyota China website and price list though, so I guess they still have some stock that they are selling through.

一汽丰田官方网站

10. Join Date
    Dec 2019

Kinda expected i guess since even toyota india havent moved to the 6MT with the 2021 refresh even though they offered the 6MT as an option previously as part of the diesel touring sports trim(2.8 was AT only though before that got discontinued).

Toyota India | Official Toyota Innova Touring Sport site, Innova Touring Sport price, Innova Touring Sport specifications, Innova Touring Sport features
    No more 6MT on the Crysta. Though they still has the gas engine option. Now a 2.7L Fortuner engine.

Kinda weird they offered the v6 in the hiace at all in australia given that they had to discontinue the V6 in the hilux and prado due to weak sales which should be more receptive to gas engines as a dual purpose leisure vehicle.
    It seems Aussies really loves the low end grunt of the 1GD engine. Like here most people buy more diesel fort and innova than gas engine models.