New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 75 of 529 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125175 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by viper888 View Post
    I doubt that the g would have a rear camera. The Hilux g also has a head unit and it doesnt have a rear cam, actually it doesnt have rear sensors either. Id wager the v has though.
    looks like that may be the case, reverse cam for the v and reverse sensors for the g.

yung pinagkaiba lang ata ng thai (1.777m) version sa local (1.755m) fort v ay yung power tailgate at side curtain airbags.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    IMO a power tailgate is just a liability because guards would just push it down. Guards of big malls like greenbelt seem to have learned but chances are....

3. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Wag na kayo magtalo. Konting paghihintay na lang naman for the official specs. Sa thurs na

4. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    If 4x2 V is only 2.4li then its too expensive. I might get montero in that case.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    4x2 2.4V A/T Diesel – P 1,755,000 >>> this should just be 1.6M++. mahal.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    The pricing of the 4x2 V was necessary to bridge the huge price gap between the 2.4G and 2.8V 4x4. At 1.6M, this would've opened up a gap of 500k to the 4x4 V, which is too steep a psychological jump for most buyers.

Putting the 2.8L engine on the 4x2 will sway away many 4x4 V buyers, who are mostly pining for the engine rather than the drivetrain. No need to price the 4x4 V any lower because being a Toyota, of course they can price themselves higher than any other TOTL PPV.

The 4x2 G on the other hand, needs to stay under the 1.5M psychological price barrier to remain in the radar of budget-conscious PPV buyers.

Again, Toyota can price themselves ridiculously vis-a-vis the competition, because they're Toyota. If the Montero regains market leadership, expect the pricing to become more competitive with the coming facelifts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by 3GEMS View Post
    Bro, its 350 from G to TOL V.. Sobramg sakit po
    all 4X2s lang bro kinumpara ko

eto kasi bigay ng TQA sa outgoing:
    2.5G m/t - 1.315M (less 40K)
    2.5G a/t - 1.385M (less 40K)
    2.5V a/t - 1.555M (less 60K)

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by siuu3ci View Post
    Its different when you factor that in. That is buying because of the brand. And we all know Toyota is lord over car manufacturers not only here. No problem with that.

But buying because of the car is usually more of stripping down the product. Car enthusiast are happy not because they are paying high PMS cost but because they are using/experiencing the best car.

Now what do you think of 2016 Fortuner as a car compared to its rivals?
    It depends on the mindset of the consumer. I consider myself an enthusiast enough (meaning I know a few things about cars, and i have ample experience in breaking cars) but yet when it comes to my choice of car for the daily use, i'd go with what costs less to maintain and is reliable. This is something i picked up over the years since i personally maintain quite a good number of cars (personal and that of my family.. and even company cars and that of friends at times) so even if i like the driving dynamics of say, a Civic FD over an Altis, i'd get an Altis for my daily use because I prefer with ease of maintenance for my daily drive. Take note that i abhorred Toyotas in the past since they were boring, basic and "like golf carts" to drive but when i started working, having a family, etc., my choice of daily drive shifted.

As for add-ons, as compared to a lot of consumers, i'm not much a high-end vehicle fan because my practice is to really "upgrade"a car over time - I usually choose the car with the basic comforts and safety features then i build from that. It's really different strokes for different folks.

As for the 2016 Fortuner versus it's rivals, i will leave the analysis to the guys who test (like Niky) since i am not much of an armchair expert as compared to some people we see on social media and on the internet forums. ;)
    Last edited by vinj; January 12th, 2016 at 09:37 AM.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    Wag na kayo magtalo. Konting paghihintay na lang naman for the official specs. Sa thurs na
    Hindi naman po ako nakikipag-away eh. Just pointing out my query.

Toyota can price their cars higher because of the fact that they are market leaders. Sususnod naman competitors nila for sure kasi better profit margin din for them. Sales offtake will dictate whether current pricing and specs will change. Tama yung post dito na if Eve or MS continue to lord it over the Fort, then Toyota will surely need to do something. In the end, the winner is the consumer.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Hindi naman po ako nakikipag-away eh. Just pointing out my query.
    War freak ka talaga. :rofl:

2016 Toyota Fortuner