New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 513 of 529 FirstFirst ... 413463503509510511512513514515516517523 ... LastLast
Results 5,121 to 5,130 of 5286
  1. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by kisshmet View Post
    For the brake fluid..theres a tool which will tell you whether it's time to change it or not..its available at any online shopping platformAttachment 35523

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    di naman nito ma detect yun nasa lines and sa mismong banjo bolt, dito madalas yun corrosion and possible clog sa brake line

2. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    ^brake fluids are hygroscopic (absorbs moisture in the air)..this device helps the user assess how much water is in the brake system..water corrodes the metal components of the brake system of any vehicle

When theres too much water on the brake fluid..its time to change to avert corrosion

It's not the job of this device to detect corrosion but to prevent it with due competence and diligence from the owner

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by attyallanlatras View Post
    I have a Fortuner 2016 Diesel A/T with almost 35k odo and my questions are:

When is the Fuel Filter Change due?
    When is the ATF Change due?
    I do not see any dipstick for the ATF, how would we know how clean or dirty is it?
    The break fluids, when is this changed?
    What about the break pads, when is it due for replacement?

I have my maintenance done outside of casa and they will just do what I ask them to do...
    Fuel filter can be changed outside every year. Mura lang naman yan.

Brake fluid, change every year or 2, depende sa budget. Ideally every year. Preno kasi yan.

ATF, yours is a sealed type kaya wala na dipstick. But it can still be replaced. Drain bolt lang naman and then there is a filling hole. Pwede rin dialysis. Make sure the amount drained is equal to amount filled.

Brake pad, have your mechanic visually inspect it. Chances are, manipis na ito. So replace mo na lang. I heard brembo pads are cheaper than casa originals.

I DIY maintenance of my cars so i do the above maintenance myseld, depending gaano ako kasipag and need the exercise.

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I have a Fortuner 2016 Diesel A/T with almost 35k odo and my questions are:

When is the Fuel Filter Change due?
    When is the ATF Change due?
    I do not see any dipstick for the ATF, how would we know how clean or dirty is it?
    The break fluids, when is this changed?
    What about the break pads, when is it due for replacement?

I have my maintenance done outside of casa and they will just do what I ask them to do...
    fuel filter - sa monty ko 20k kms but nung sinunod ko dami dumi, so i replace every 10-15k kms.
    atf - as long as di contaminated para sa kin and di pa iba kulay.
    brake fluid - same din but ako i use syringe to replace the one in reservoir if ever mag iba kulay.
    brake pads, depende sa gamit yan. visual check.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenlee View Post
    Sir, this is according to casa SA -- replace ATF, Brake Fluid, and Fuel Filter at 40k kms. Brake pads - replace as needed.

Also at 40k kms -- replace power steering fluid, and replace differential oil.
    Thanks sa sagot. I will do those maintenance requirements by installment. First, aside as regular change oil and filter ko for the 35k pms. Isabay ko ngayon yung change of fuel filter. Then sa 40km pms, I will also do oil differential change, then as 50km pms, gagawin yung atf change. Para hindi mabigat sa bulsa. Ok kaya yun?

6. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by kisshmet View Post
    ^brake fluids are hygroscopic (absorbs moisture in the air)..this device helps the user assess how much water is in the brake system..water corrodes the metal components of the brake system of any vehicle

When theres too much water on the brake fluid..its time to change to avert corrosion

It's not the job of this device to detect corrosion but to prevent it with due competence and diligence from the owner

i know pero IMO mas madali yata na palitan nalang as scheduled.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Thanks sa sagot. I will do those maintenance requirements by installment. First, aside as regular change oil and filter ko for the 35k pms. Isabay ko ngayon yung change of fuel filter. Then sa 40km pms, I will also do oil differential change, then as 50km pms, gagawin yung atf change. Para hindi mabigat sa bulsa. Ok kaya yun?
    i'd probably follow the schedule in the owner's manual.
    it'd be easier to remember...

individually or collectively, hindi naman ganon kamahal sila..

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i'd probably follow the schedule in the owner's manual.
    it'd be easier to remember...

individually or collectively, hindi naman ganon kamahal sila..
    Mahal bossing, yung fuel filter pa lang without labor pa lang e mahigit 2k na.. this is aside from change oil and oil filter...

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Mahal bossing, yung fuel filter pa lang without labor pa lang e mahigit 2k na.. this is aside from change oil and oil filter...
    you can change the fuel filter yourself, po.
    it's as easy as tom cruise replacing a memory card under water.
    but seriously, it's DIY-easy. heh heh. google it, po.
    use nitrile gloves to keep your hands clean.

i use mineral oil only. replace every 5K km.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    good day sir dati ganyan din ako pero after considering everything ang buhay natin
    hindi pedeng palitan at sir i-condition mo narin ang sarili mo sa gastos talagang ganyan
    milyon ang halaga ng ride mo. nagset aside ako unti unti ng pang PMS para pag dating ng
    sked PMS konti na lang dagdag ko. gulong sir will set you back 30-40k handa ka na rin
    in the long run sa bulsa lang masakit sa ulo wala. just a piece of my experience

at tama si drd mineral oil will do basta consistent lang ang palit every 5k hindi ka naman
    kuma-karera

2016 Toyota Fortuner