New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 529 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by yagami_kira View Post
    Is the back of the fold flat config made of flat metal? or is it only like a thick bed mattress? Sometimes we carry let's say six sacks of rice at 50kg each total of 300kg, sometimes 60 pieces of coconuts, too, which is OK in our current generation Fortuner with jump 3rd row seats. I wonder kung kakayanin pag fold flat config?
    If it can carry metallic sporting gear, it can carry rice and stuff, it's truck based after all. Wag lang livestock. Mangangamoy. ;-)

2. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Newcomer123 View Post
    If it can carry metallic sporting gear, it can carry rice and stuff, it's truck based after all. Wag lang livestock. Mangangamoy. ;-)
    No question that it is truck-based. But what I'm referring to is how much weight the 3rd row seat can carry if it became fold flat type in the future, because definitely it will have weaker 'flooring' ?

If I remember correctly, the current generation Toyota Prado has fold flat 3rd row seat. But I'm not sure how much weight the back seat can really carry without damaging the seat itself?

3. Join Date
    May 2010
    Oo naman pwede. Kahit talunan mo pa ung fold flat seats.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yung folded flat seat ng explorer ko kinargahan ko ng 4boxes of tiles na .5 meter ang size at 12rolls of wall paper napaisip tuloy ako baka nga masira ah hehehe

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    ^^^ Have you considered buying a pickup considering you carry loads like these most of the time?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    ^^^ Have you considered buying a pickup considering you carry loads like these most of the time?
    Because we only need 1 vehicle with just the right size and flexibility to carry more passengers too.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Newcomer123 View Post
    Replacing the rear brakes are minor compared to upgrading that archaic 3rd row jump seats. They should have thought of fold flat seats by their next model!
    Oo nga! 3rd row jump seats are very old fashioned, as if the vehicle was made just for the sake of producing a hilux based SUV. Also, if replacing rear brakes to disc are minor, why are many truck based SUV's changing them? Do you think Toyota will be reasonable enough to replace them?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by InternalCombust View Post
    Oo nga! 3rd row jump seats are very old fashioned, as if the vehicle was made just for the sake of producing a hilux based SUV. Also, if replacing rear brakes to disc are minor, why are many truck based SUV's changing them? Do you think Toyota will be reasonable enough to replace them?
    Just a case of one-upmanship from brand to brand. When you consider the simpler set of handbrake mechanism for drums as compared to disks, you'll thank yourself for not riding on that, say, 'cosmetic' difference. It'll stop just the same and just as effectively as any other brake type.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

9. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    I'm not really expecting anything from Toyota. The brand is becoming stale and boring compared to other makes, esp. In the US market. I doubt they'll introduce anything ground breaking.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

10. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    If it is not that important, why is Mitsubishi, Ford and Isuzu upgrading their brakes from drum to disc? There must be a good reason aside from cosmetic appearance.

2016 Toyota Fortuner