New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 479 of 529 FirstFirst ... 379429469475476477478479480481482483489 ... LastLast
Results 4,781 to 4,790 of 5286
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I have a dilemma and I do not know which is the best option:

I just bought a second hand Fortuner last Dec 2018 and its last PMS which was for 20,000km was last Nov. 2018, and the next PMS for 25,000km is on Feb 2019. The previous owner used full synthetic oil for the 20,000km PMS and so, according to casa for the 25,000km PMS, only 1 liter top-up of Full Synthetic Oil with change of oil filter. In addition to that there are also some additives for the fuel injector which they would include. Total quotation for the service is around 3,400.00. The warranty ends in May 2019, which is also around the 30,000km PMS.

On the other hand, I am tempted to have my forty serviced outside of casa, still following the 1 liter top-up of Full Synthetic Oil with change of oil filter. And I believe my cost or expense for this out-of-casa service would dramatically be under 2k or even just a little over 1k. But this option may void my warranty...

Now, which is more practical? I am doubtful if there would be some issues with my forty during the periods from Feb to May 2019...

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by attyallanlatras View Post

I just bought a second hand Fortuner last Dec 2018 and its last PMS which was for 20,000km was last Nov. 2018, and the next PMS for 25,000km is on Feb 2019. The previous owner used full synthetic oil for the 20,000km PMS and so, according to casa for the 25,000km PMS, only 1 liter top-up of Full Synthetic Oil with change of oil filter. In addition to that there are also some additives for the fuel injector which they would include. Total quotation for the service is around 3,400.00. The warranty ends in May 2019, which is also around the 30,000km PMS.

On the other hand, I am tempted to have my forty serviced outside of casa, still following the 1 liter top-up of Full Synthetic Oil with change of oil filter. And I believe my cost or expense for this out-of-casa service would dramatically be under 2k or even just a little over 1k. But this option may void my warranty...

Now, which is more practical? I am doubtful if there would be some issues with my forty during the periods from Feb to May 2019...
    do the casa.
    just how much will it push you back? i am confident, you will not even notice the expense.
    besides, this will probably be the last casa pms it will enjoy for a long time... right?

fuel injector additives...? whatever for?
    i don't "additives" of any sort. not even engine flush.

good luck, po.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Wow...that much for a liter bottle of oil, filter & injector cleaning fuel additive????
    Nothing would likely be claimed under warranty between now & May....but, if peace of mind is what you're after, follow the good doc's advice.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Wow...that much for a liter bottle of oil, filter & injector cleaning fuel additive????
    Nothing would likely be claimed under warranty between now & May....but, if peace of mind is what you're after, follow the good doc's advice.

Me too, since I grew up in a car shop, all my cars when its time for their PMS, I tell the SA to just change the oil and oil filter. No other fancy stuff (eng detailing, injector cleaner, and other unnecessary ek ek). I see the faces of SA not liking me probably because they won't have add'l kita.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by LN106G View Post
    Me too, since I grew up in a car shop, all my cars when its time for their PMS, I tell the SA to just change the oil and oil filter. No other fancy stuff (eng detailing, injector cleaner, and other unnecessary ek ek). I see the faces of SA not liking me probably because they won't have add'l kita.
    I'd advise à la carte over buffet when it comes to dealership menus, too. Post warranty? DIY, if one can. Home cooking isn't only budget friendly, it's almost always the healthier diet.[emoji4]

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    For 3,400 pesos.. i was able to do change oil for my fortuner! Not a top-up ha... DIY nga lang..

Used an original toyota oil 5w-30 for 1,500 pesos per 4 liter can that says "made in japan" plus an original toyota oil filter.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008

10k kms OCI is too long if the car is used for city drive.. i suggest do Change oil every 5k kms

8. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    For 3,400 pesos.. i was able to do change oil for my fortuner! Not a top-up ha... DIY nga lang..

Used an original toyota oil 5w-30 for 1,500 pesos per 4 liter can that says "made in japan" plus an original toyota oil filter.
    [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post

this would have been better..with free air and ac filter cleaning and stronger oil.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008

Is this the 1st time you have it serviced since you bought it? If it we're me I'll change all the oil and the filter outright just to be sure.

Sent from my INE-LX2 using Tapatalk

2016 Toyota Fortuner