New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 326 of 529 FirstFirst ... 226276316322323324325326327328329330336376426 ... LastLast
Results 3,251 to 3,260 of 5286
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    Guess it's true you learn something new everyday. Re: Euro 4 imho it's still good practice to run the engine hard in the open road regularly if you don't want to blank it. Our GS is Euro 4 and still had the EGR clogged when it was exclusively used in Metro Manila traffic.
    Sana...

If only traffic didn't exist here that much, then there would be a lesser chance of clogging the egr.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by rap2_tan View Post
    Why sir on egr blanking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    An oil catch can or air-oil separator would be better for keeping the engine clean. I'm not sure on the new engines but I recall the older KD engines with the Variable Nozzle turbo using the EGR to dump excess boost since the VN turbo did not have a wastegate.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    Guess it's true you learn something new everyday. Re: Euro 4 imho it's still good practice to run the engine hard in the open road regularly if you don't want to blank it. Our GS is Euro 4 and still had the EGR clogged when it was exclusively used in Metro Manila traffic.
    Makatulong pala pa minsan2x atleast patakbuhin ng mabilis? Usually kasi pag city, di tlga lalagpas 2,500 rpm. Nasa 2,000 lang kasi shifting point ng ECO mode ng Fort eh. Will practice running hard sometimes pag long distance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange_SR5 View Post
    An oil catch can or air-oil separator would be better for keeping the engine clean. I'm not sure on the new engines but I recall the older KD engines with the Variable Nozzle turbo using the EGR to dump excess boost since the VN turbo did not have a wastegate.

Variable nozzle or vgt dont have wastegate..turbines will adjust to compensate for excess boost

5. Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Nice car so far. I like it.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    I'm not using eco mode na, I just put it in normal mode.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

7. Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by vinrem View Post
    I'm not using eco mode na, I just put it in normal mode.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    May difference ba sa hatak between eco atsaka normal mode? Or yung normal mode, pwede biglaan mag accelerate unlike sa eco na talagang steady slow acceleration?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterGChan View Post
    May difference ba sa hatak between eco atsaka normal mode? Or yung normal mode, pwede biglaan mag accelerate unlike sa eco na talagang steady slow acceleration?

Yes - may difference.

Eco - shifts up quickly with minimal revs.
    Normal - longer revs per gear for better acceleration.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by ssaloon View Post
    Yes - may difference.

Eco - shifts up quickly with minimal revs.
    Normal - longer revs per gear for better acceleration.
    Ahhh yun pala. Kala ko kasi almost the same lang sila, though di ko pa nasubukan hatakin ng mabilis ang normal mode. Try ko this sunday long drive, city driving kasi whole week sa sunday lang pwede long drive eh. Hehe. Salamat sir ssaloon!

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by GTcervan View Post
    Sana...

If only traffic didn't exist here that much, then there would be a lesser chance of clogging the egr.
    Yup, that's the challenge. Hardly any roads where you can open up the throttle anymore.

2016 Toyota Fortuner