New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 529 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Hmmmm.

If we get to buy this newer model, or the present one, ok lang. The rear view of the Fortuner is shaped like a Rav4. I am not a fan of the Rav4 .......... :D

2. Join Date
    May 2014
    Hoping for new engine. D4D has been used too much, from innova, grandia, and fortuner. Parang sampal naman kasi sa muka ng fort na gamit ng vans ang engine nya. Grrrr. Toyota we want new engine! Lol

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    Hmmmm.

If we get to buy this newer model, or the present one, ok lang. The rear view of the Fortuner is shaped like a Rav4. I am not a fan of the Rav4 .......... :D
    rav4 somewhat but more of the highlander rear with a higher shoulder lines.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rear_y.jpg   rear_x.jpg   rav4_rear.jpg  

4. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    This looks good coz it's not curvaceous like other weak SUVs of today.

A true ladder frame off-roader.

Ford Everest should hurry releasing the new model coz if this one got released, it I'll be Toyota-dominated Diesel
    SUV market once again. Better for Ford to take advantage of the 2015 window

Sa Mitsu, all they will do Is lower the price of Montero like what they did with the L300 & adventure and still they will be competitive. We all know naman that Mitsu sells 15-20 yr old models so we won't be expecting a new Montero in the near future.

When this new Fortuner gets released, automatic bagsak ang Used market category of Fortuner &
    Montero since it will be flooded with the once dominating 1st gen Fortuner which we all know naman Toyota loyalists, they will always buy a Toyota.

Siguro by 2016, madami maging off-road enthusiasts / mods with the dumping of so many 2005 to present Fortuners

Very exciting future for this category. Imagine Used Fortuners at 500-600k then fit with Arm Bumpers, black off-road mags and AT Tires and HiD fog lights

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by winefit View Post
    This looks good coz it's not curvaceous like other weak SUVs of today.
    Posted via Tsikot Mobile App
    what do you think of this?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   2.jpg  

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    what do you think of this?
    they look familiar.. like last year's models.. i mean, lights are cheap..
    what i would like to know is, what about the innards and the engine? will they be warmed-overs or totally new?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    they look familiar.. like last year's models.. i mean, lights are cheap..
    what i would like to know is, what about the innards and the engine? will they be warmed-overs or totally new?
    sorry but the attachment above was the ford everest (for china) hehehe. I brought it up from fortuner and everest discussion.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    sorry but the attachment above was the ford everest (for china) hehehe. I brought it up from fortuner and everest discussion.
    really! fooled me... must've been all that mask..

9. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    I hope it does come with a 6-speed Auto transmission.
    The old 4-speed AT is very prehistoric, like driving an owner-type jeep
    It could very well benefit with a higher gearing which means better fuel economy.

4-speed is more apt for drifting!

Or they could introduce an all-new engine which produces more power and torque.
    163 hp is very puny for this heavyweight, 4300 lbs SUV.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Just came from Toyota Bel Air, a refreshed Fortuner is coming out by September this year. Smoked headlamps, new wheel designs, more options on interior materials.

As per the sales agent.

2016 Toyota Fortuner