New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 22 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jon777 View Post
    Wilcats, mukhang nabenta na yung unit na yan eh. pumunta ako kahapon diyan at wala daw available na toyota 86, baka next week pa daw....
    May new stock na next week? I thought all 77 unit allocation for PHL this year is all sold out...

Can anyone verify this? I want to see the unit din muna before making a decision.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by picantorange View Post
    100 na ba ang Blaze? Mahal nga lang if you're going to daily drive this car sa Pinas with the fuel requirement for optimum engine efficiency.
    Considering that Blaze is more or less 3 pesos more expensive than 93 RON Unleaded, if you use the car daily and rack up 15,000 KM in a year (I pity the 86 that'll be placed under such circumstances), that'll be an additional 7,500 pesos annually.

7.5k ain't all that big for someone who could afford a 1.5-million peso plaything.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    ^ Yeah.. added to the fact that you might incur more expenses on a bad engine when you decide to skimp on fuel. Low octane fuel results to engine knock on a high compression engine like this one.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    The problem... when the Subaru BRZ comes out later this year, that demand might suddenly disappear.
    It'll be a problem for the dealers but good news for the buyers. With less demand, maybe there will be less waiting time for both the 86 and the BRZ.

On the service front, since this is a co-production of Toyota and Subaru, does this mean BRZ owners can bring their cars to Toyota for servicing (and vice-versa for T-86 owners)? That would be good for Subaru loyalists who live in areas where there are no Motor Image dealerships.

Btw, for those who live in the south, I got a text from a Toyota Alabang SA saying that there's a T-86 for viewing at their showroom. Kaso, for viewing only.
    Last edited by JackFlash; July 2nd, 2012 at 01:21 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Yes... meron ng "for viewing" bawat dealer. meron na kasi may-ari nung mga units na dumating. Toyota Dasma has a white GT-86

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    There is a black A/T unit on display at OTIS right now.

Badge located by the driver's door indicate that it was manufactured by Fuji Heavy Industries (Subaru). Perhaps at its Gunma plant ?

In essence it is really a Subaru that had its badges switched into Toyota. Inside everything has the Subaru name on it, from the front fenders (metal stamping in the engine area), Subaru oil filter, boxer engine, etc... Even has the same layout for the oil filter and engine oil filler cap as the new Subaru FB series engines.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If the twins are both built at Gunma then the entry of the BRZ won't help feed the rampaging horde:

The Forester factor: an unexpected reason why BRZ / FR-S / GT 86 production capacity is limited | Kaizen Factor

"…only about 500 (BRZ) units will be available each month for the U.S. market. "

"Subaru will produce 100,000 units annually of the BRZ and its two sister cars, the Scion FR-S and Toyota 86, at its Gunma factory in Japan. "
    Last edited by JohnM; July 2nd, 2012 at 05:15 PM.

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Toyota 86 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If the wikipedia page is to be trusted, it looks like the Subaru BRZ, Scion FR-S, and Toyota 86 are all made at Subaru's Gunma plant.

9. Join Date
    May 2005

10. Join Date
    May 2011
    According to my SA, retail is 2013. So antay lang muna tayong mga simpleng tao lang. Was planning to buy either a Civic or Altis by EOY as a new coding car. This changes everything. Buti na lang may tsikot.

Since this GT86 is not a regional model like Fort, Innova, I hope they took some of their not so good F1 exposure into the mix.