New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    i got an information that this car will be here this february and in the market on march...though nothing much are exciting but i still like this than the previous one it maybe our next car (for my wifey)...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nyeks, parang sablay itsura ah ehehehe. I'd rather get an FD civic

Off topic: halos kahawig yan nung nakita ko sa ortigas nung monday, 2 cars with tapos on their emblems and lights, parang toyota ung emblem sa likod kse oblong pero when i got closer and peeked sa loob, i saw a Honda emblem sa manibela, could this be the new honda accord?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    That must be the JDM Corolla Axio (gray market)...
    Its basically a narrow-body version of the global Corolla/Corolla Altis.
    The Axio is slab-sided like the outgoing Corolla Altis to keep the width within 1.7m(lower tax in Japan?) vs the global Corolla's more muscular bulging sides.
    JDM Corolla Axio

\Ah yes, that's it the Axio...

They have a 250G MarkX here too that looks like an aggressive camry

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ok lang. parang walang ooomph factor. i mean after seeing those exterior features on the camry and the vios, you get the feeling that their designers weren't being imaginative enough on the new corolla

btw, i saw a new 2008 lancer plying the alabang zapote road last weekend, and all i can say is, nampowta! ang bangas!

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    i got one question. di ba if you notice pag naglabas ang car manufacturer ng car models like a sedan, ideally, the hatchback version will be a look a-like. but in australia (maybe in japan also) corolla hatchback is different from sedan, IMHO, HATCHBACK version is more astig.

http://www.toyota.com.au/toyota/vehi...34_0_0,00.html

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrusblutrooper View Post
    i got one question. di ba if you notice pag naglabas ang car manufacturer ng car models like a sedan, ideally, the hatchback version will be a look a-like. but in australia (maybe in japan also) corolla hatchback is different from sedan, IMHO, HATCHBACK version is more astig.
    http://www.toyota.com.au/toyota/vehi...34_0_0,00.html
    Outside of Australia, it even carries a different name, its called Auris.
    The Auris won't look nice as a sedan specially with its more MPV-ish cab-forward design and taller overall height (its taller by 40mm or 1.6in).
    Its probably the same reason why the Yaris hatchback and Yaris sedan(new ASEAN Vios) don't look the same.

Auris (Corolla hatchback)

Corolla sedan
    Last edited by AG4; January 24th, 2008 at 10:16 PM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Instead of choosing the Vios as my next car. I'll just wait for this Altis to come. Toyota said they would launch this car in mid-February.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Balita ko may preselling na ang Toyota Bicutan ng 2008 Corolla. They confirmed na sa March na ang launching nito. Price will be in the range of 800k to 1.1M.

9. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 20vanda01 View Post
    Balita ko may preselling na ang Toyota Bicutan ng 2008 Corolla. They confirmed na sa March na ang launching nito. Price will be in the range of 800k to 1.1M.
    800K!!! the Civic 1.8V M/T is 787k dba? the basic Corolla Altis J SHOULD still be 1.8 then... if it will be just a 1.6, then there should be a reason.

10. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    ok lang. parang walang ooomph factor. i mean after seeing those exterior features on the camry and the vios, you get the feeling that their designers weren't being imaginative enough on the new corolla

btw, i saw a new 2008 lancer plying the alabang zapote road last weekend, and all i can say is, nampowta! ang bangas!
    did it look like the GT with a spoiler on it...? did it have an LTO conduction sticker?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
2008 Toyota Corolla Altis Unvealed in Thailand Motor Expo