New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Well, you could always hold off. But one nice thing about new model releases is it means big discounts on current models, so you could possibly get one of those sixers for much much less just right before the model change.

Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto
    There's been an explosion in their numbers since last year. It's almost as if people came to the Ford dealers and looked at the Fusion, then went out to see the Mazda 6 at the Mazda dealer next door (owned by the same family).
    Yeah... people went in to see the Fusion, figured "why should I pay more when the 6 is cooler looking and faster?" and walked straight out the door.

RE: the "lemon lot"... I guess it really does depend. There are some places where gas got crazy high just a few months ago. Knowing Honda, though, they probably would've sent unsold lots back to the factory so it wouldn't be obvious. :lol:

----

RE: 2.5 Altimas... good, strong engine, though maybe a mite thrashy compared to Honda units.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Rediesel
    Camry, Accord, Mazda6 maybe if it was a Mazda Speed 6 then definitely, but unfortunately I have a budget in mind, I'm thinking like 23K only

Go domestic? no chance in hell. Honestly I am biased against the domestics, no offense to all you people, but I would bet my money on the devil that I know than the devil that I don't.

Why go V6, yes its more expensive by about 2K initially, fuel cost might cost me an additional 300-500 a year, but once you drive a V6 w/ HP rating of 280 ponies (FX35) you WILL FORGET how expensive gasoline is.
    Go for the 2006 Sonata LX then. Test drive it first if you have misgivings about it. But, we test drove a bunch of V6 midsize sedans and decided that the Sonata V6 fitted our needs the best. We had Hyundai's previous reputation in mind the whole time. But, repeated test drives reassured us.

We've had ours almost a year now and we're still delighted with it.

Edit: I wouldn't race an Altima SE-R with it (I got blown away by one). But, against other V6 sedans like the Accord A/T, Altima 3.5 SE A/T, and the M/T Mazda 6 V6, peformance of the Sonata V6 is right in the thick of them. It's also quicker than the A/T Mazda6 V6 and Fusion.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; June 3rd, 2006 at 04:45 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
2006 2.4L Accord, 2007 2.4L Camry Observations?