Guys, we've recently procured a Japan surplus 1997 Toyota Granvia 3.0 4x2 A/T as part of a debt settlement. One look at the car and I knew we'd have to spend for it to be in good running condition, but since there's very little chance the owner could pay us back in full, we agreed to take it as part of the payment.

Fast forward almost a month later, we've replaced the front bushings, did a wheel alignment, had an oil and filter (air, oil and fuel) change, repaired a small leak on the front windshield, repaired the leaking windshield washer fluid reservoir (replace motor), had the radiator overhauled, replaced the battery (Amaron Hi Life 3SM), installed an alarm system, a 1-DIN Pioneer HU, HID system (could hardly see a thing with the stock lights!) and repainted the faded roof (Anzahl). Now there are still some things that need fixing, but at least the important stuff have been done.

Engine is the 3.0L 1KZ-TE (non-intercooled). Lots of low end grunt, but not much top end if you wring it. FC is only around 4.5km/L city and it' not even 4x4. Is it normal? What can I do to improve FC and power?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk