New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2017
    bad road designs. daming roads sa pinas naging imbudohan lang.
    2-3 lanes dito banda, pagdating doon sa dulo isang lane lang ang labasan.
    kaya marami ang nagkakabanggaan at nagka-gulangan sa dulo.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Pati yung two lane, basta pasok sasakyan, ginagawang 3-4 lanes. Kung baguhan kang driver, kakabahan ka kasi dikit na halos sa kotse mo. Balewala ang pintura ng Lane sa kalsada.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    Govt will handle the puv? Mrt nga naging issue pa. Isang train system na lang yon. What more multiple sectors /type of puv pa.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk
    The first decade of the MRT/LRT wasn't bad, maayos naman sila. it wasn't until some government people wanted to milk it even more that it started to deteriorate.

Government handling PUVs may be the only way to prevent the boundary system. its inherently the cause of erring drivers disregard for rules and unahan system to get more passengers. any government agency will always have corruption one way or the other but at least it might be able to make law abiding PUV drivers.
    Case in point are the free PUVs present in a few high end villages in metromanila, every time i encounter one of them i am surprised how they are courteous, slow moving yet always letting you pass them, moving to the side to load/unload passengers. I know they are employed by the village with a fixed income so no need to rush to get passengers.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Final: Provincial buses are banned from EDSA starting August 1, 2019...

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    Final: Provincial buses are banned from EDSA starting August 1, 2019...

i wonder,
    have there been real studies..? as in, ilang porciento ng bus causing traffic sa edsa, ay provincial bus?
    and i have never seen how setting up of provincial bus terminals outside the metro, can relieve traffic. pag baba ng pasahero doon, ay sa ibang bus naman sila sasakay. in effect, pinalitan lang nila ang kulay ng bus na dadaan sa edsa..
    my thoughts have always been, "first arrest the colorums."

6. Join Date
    May 2014
    move major universities outside metro manila please

7. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i wonder,
    have there been real studies..? as in, ilang porciento ng bus causing traffic sa edsa, ay provincial bus?
    and i have never seen how setting up of provincial bus terminals outside the metro, can relieve traffic. pag baba ng pasahero doon, ay sa ibang bus naman sila sasakay. in effect, pinalitan lang nila ang kulay ng bus na dadaan sa edsa..
    my thoughts have always been, "first arrest the colorums."
    ditto on colorums
    more than 1000% daw ng bus capacity ang edsa

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    ditto on colorums
    more than 1000% daw ng bus capacity ang edsa
    initially, the mmda folks were into the anti-colorum thing.. they said that with today's technology, identifying the colorum using a laptop on edsa, would be very easy. they even estimated a figure back then, that i believe would be even more plentiful than even an overestimate of today's provincial bus census...
    then suddenly, they make an about-face and ... all of a sudden, "it's ok to be a colorum" once again.
    i am confused.. and suspect... anunabatalagah, koya..?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    BREAKING: Quezon City court stops provincial bus ban on Edsa |

Bus ban is off the menu for now.

Good on the courts. I honestly don't believe the MMDA when they say this will improve the traffic situation. Our provincial brethren will just end up being inconvenienced having to change buses somewhere outside.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post
    BREAKING: Quezon City court stops provincial bus ban on Edsa |

Bus ban is off the menu for now.

Good on the courts. I honestly don't believe the MMDA when they say this will improve the traffic situation. Our provincial brethren will just end up being inconvenienced having to change buses somewhere outside.
    urong-sulong.
    one wonders where the truth really lies...
    identify and impound muna siguro mga colorums...? no need to formulate new rules pa.

Suggestions to Improve Traffic