New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X09UJeUhBy0"]YouTube- Kariton Klassroom ni Efren Penaflorida - The Best 3 Wheeler in the World[/ame]

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Gagawaran din daw ng Malacanang ng Lakandula Award si Efren. Pero....bakit nauna pa CNN kaysa gobyerno natin para i-recognize yung good deeds ni Efren?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by buriroy View Post
    Hay naku, ngayon nanalo at sikat na si Kuya Ef, pagpye-pyestahan siya tyak
    ng mga politicians. Para ko nang nakikita si Manny Villar mag papa-photo op and aalukin kumandidato si Efren under NP, of course!

But in fairness to Efren, tinanong sya kanina sa TV Patrol if interested sya mag-politician. He answered with a forceful "NO!"

Manny Pacquiao take note! You don't have to be a politician to help people.
    You can be popular and well-respected but still retain your humility and simplicity, just like Efren.
    Nadale mo tol. :2thumbsup: Yan ang tunay na bayani. Walang hinihintay na kapalit sa mga tulong at kabutihang ginagawa nya. Walang personal agenda o ambisyong magkamal ng maraming pera o kapangyarihan. Di tulad ng iba na sasabihing para sa bayan pero pansariling kapakanan ang motibo. Tumulong man e barya barya lang kumpara sa tinatamasang karangyaan. Sana mas marami pang Kuya Ef ang makita natin dito sa bayan natin. Saludo di lang ang mga kapwa Pilipino mo sa yo kundi buong mundo.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Here's another one written from MyePinoy's Blog.

You can’t be proud enough! He is not Manny Pacquiao. He is Efren Peñaflorida. He may not be the King of the ring like Manny Pacquiao but he fights with a heart, determination, grit, dignity and love for his Kabayan.

Manny may have fought for the country, as he claimed but, that’s too far to compare to what Efren did. While Manny fights for big money and fame, Efren fights the most devastating of foes, IGNORANCE.

While Manny inspires Pinoy while accomplishing the insurmountable task of winning in the ring where material benefits goes to his pockets, Efren not only inspire, he educates young people, he pulls and raise them up from the morass. He helps them to be a better Pinoy with no material benefits in return.

Efren Penaflorida INSPIRES people not to be famous and rich instead he gives our poor kababayans the CHANCE, the HOPE and the LIGHT to help them get out of darkness called Ignorance. He EMPOWERS them.

Manny Pacquiao’s legacy may last forever and boxing history books will be full of it but, Efren Penaflorida’s legacy is written on the hearts and minds of those poor Pinoy kids he helped.

And heaven knows which legacy is far more important and worthy of great praises.

Mabuhay ka Efren. You are truly and definitely Pinoy!
    No offense to die hard MP fans. But I think Efren deserve more acclamation than what our people are giving to Manny.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    run flats? hehehe

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post
    Gagawaran din daw ng Malacanang ng Lakandula Award si Efren. Pero....bakit nauna pa CNN kaysa gobyerno natin para i-recognize yung good deeds ni Efren?

Diyan lang magaling ang gobyerno natin,- sa pagiging fence sitter and then, free rider.....

Guest si Efren sa Wowowee kahapon......(I think somebody here predicted this...)

9000:snowfight1:

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Efren Peñaflorida - a true hero from any perspective.

1. The reason he won - volunteer teacher of under privilege kids.

2. Did you guys watch the CNN gala? I felt particularly proud of Efren's gesture when he finished his speech raising his little kariton with Philippine flag and shouting mabuhay! He made sure all know which country he came from.

We are proud of you Kuya Ef!

8. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Actually, watching the CNN video made me ashamed of our country. Kawawa mga Pinoy kids.

All are neighbors have moved forward. Tayo backward.

In Singapore, Malaysia and HK, Grade 2 palang mga bata, lublub na sa computer. Tignan mo sa video, functionaly illiterate mga street children. And there are 250,000 of them here in the Philippines.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Marg,

There's nothing to be ashamed of about this CNN thing. It's actually more of a wake up call.

Most of us are living in our comfort zones and is desensitized with what is really happening to this country of ours.

Ef's story is merely to raise the PInoy consciousness.

Bad things really do happen when the Good People Do nothing when they see the Bad Guys doing Something.

Omission is no better than Commission of the Crime.

Our Country's literacy or quality of education has deteriorated. Degenerated would be the more proper term.

I am not talking about those who can afford education in Lasalle, Ateneo, AIM, etc. I am referring to the majority. The Kids in the dumpsite is nothing but an effect. A Barometer of the Governments' Failure to meet the needs of the masses.

It is because of Political Favors that the sake of the country in general has been left neglected for granted.

Until a Government is ran by people with Good Hearts and a Creative Mind - this country will only degenerate further.

We used to have the richest City in Asia in 1963... that city I am referring to is now a third class city. It was also the same city where Rizal based his Noli Me Tangere Novel. Guess what city this is......

:-)

Cavite City.

Kawawa talaga tayo.

But - we can always look at things both ways.

allow me to share a Honda Ad...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiaPNlR5A4I"]YouTube- Failure: The Secret to Success[/ame]

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Our local TV alone shows a lot of the poverty and sufferings among our fellow citizens. You dont need to watch CNN or any other foreign media to remind ourselves. GMA news features a segment called "Byaheng Totoo". Those in government should be ashamed, that they did so little to help these impoverish people. Perhaps we ourselves are already numbed and anesthized to the suffering around us.

Garbage seen around your place everybody, no longer seems to smell.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast