New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    it is the difference between diesel and gasoline engines.

diesel engine = ignition by air/fuel compression

gasoline engine = spark ignition
    hmm, sabi na nga ba. Inisip ko nga dati kung bibili ng kotse and you wanna go green, buy gas-fed then convert to LPG...mas malinis pa sa diesel, since biodiesel is no where in sight.

BTW, you can use LPG in a diesel engine in a diesel/lpg mix. But the system tends to be expensive and savings not as big.
    Hmm, isn't there another government project to convert PUJs for semi-LPG? i have a feeling mabibitin na naman ung mga magpapaconvert

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    hmm, sabi na nga ba. Inisip ko nga dati kung bibili ng kotse and you wanna go green, buy gas-fed then convert to LPG...mas malinis pa sa diesel, since biodiesel is no where in sight.
    And bio-diesel is still more expensive than regular diesel. So no economic savings for the end user (yet).

Hmm, isn't there another government project to convert PUJs for semi-LPG? i have a feeling mabibitin na naman ung mga magpapaconvert
    As of a year ago, I was able to observe a group at the "testing" phase of a diesel/lpg system for jeepney applications. Since then, there wasn't any news of it reaching the media.

You can assume one of two things:

-the project worked but the system was too complex & expensive.
    -the project didn't work and ran out of funds & time.

Personally, if you were to make a jeepney run on LPG, it would be quicker, simpler and cheaper to just replace the existing diesel engine with a dedicated auto-LPG engine. The old diesel engine can be sold to offset the cost of the LPG engine.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    right now, there's no economic justification to convert diesel to LPG

fuel price is low

magkano lang diesel ngayon... less than P35 per liter

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    right now, there's no economic justification to convert diesel to LPG

fuel price is low

magkano lang diesel ngayon... less than P35 per liter
    Yup. Hard to beat diesel at the moment.

An even better conversion than AutoLPG would be waste or used vegetable oil (SVO). But the selling price of such is also a bit too high to warrant conversion... last I heard, it was over 20 pesos per liter for processed oil. And Jeepney drivers don't have a home source that has enough oil to supply them for a month.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
New fort Bus running on CNG