New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    ang isa pa pong dapat i-solve nila is yung chokepoint area dun sa shaw blvd.-edsa flyover grabe ang mga jeepneys dun!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by rfb_arki View Post
    mmda should get other traffic consultants...
    or the officials responsible for giving the privilege to these people to drive at a swift of money should be replaced with those who stands by the political will.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    obvious naman talaga kahit saan pumunta, mga u-turn slot nag cause ng traffic... sana lahat ng lansangan ng metro manila tangalin ang u-turn slot.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    hay...it doesnt take a genius to know when and when not to use these kinds of solutions...its obvious that people playing around in designing these traffic schemes dont really make observations and proper research per particular area where theyre implemented...

one can note that they closed the intersections,concreted them up, bak bak the u-turn slots a few hundred meters from both sides of the existing intersection that they blocked, improved it, made concrete barriers etc etc...

kung inayos na lang ba nila yung traffic management system or trained properly people that can man the intersections instead of wasting money on construction and demolition...for me intersections work fine...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    i frequently go to my mom's office at obrero st. near coca cola plant and Thames/ESA. travel is just 5kms before, now it's 8kms. Kinda hassle, but during those 'patay na oras' travel is fast naman. The next thing that MMDA should fix is the goin to Santolan slot and i have a suggestion. maybe they should close the slot to the flyover and let those going to santolan take the access road for blue ridge subd...

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    this is a major concern for me and to those residing in eastwood libis coming from quezon city..before, they used to have a u-turn slot near eastwood but to my dismay, i learned that the slot was already blocked and the nearest u-turn slot was the one found under the fly-over which was a kilometer or so away from eastwood... and the real problem is...usually during rush hours is that after making that u-turn on your way to eastwood..shucks it will take you 30minutes to arrive on your destination...

knock knock bayani fernando.... nauubos oras namin sa traffic just to get home... sobrang hassle!! i have a feeling na walang unit c BF sa eastwood that's why pinahihirapan nya mga tao.. hayz! sana me nagbabasa...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    [SIZE=3]May areas na hindi effective ang U-turn slots, pero sa case ng C-5 positive ito, IMHO. Last month tindi ng traffic diyan, binarahan ng mga jeepney drivers at pilit na binabangga yung mga concrete barriers para mabasag/umurong/matanggal. Buti nalang maraming tiga MMDA na humarang sa kanila. [/SIZE]

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Depende sa lugar ang effectivity ng U turn SLots... Sa Mindanao ave ok na ok sakin, ambilis na, di na nagtatarafic sa intersection ng veterans at road 1 papuntang pagasa.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2002
    one problem with this is if there is a blockage near the remaining u turn slot then it is almost impossible to go where you want to. effectively turning what is a major road into a one lane road or even closing it off completely for those people. not really a well thought out decision imho.

sidenote: Majority of tenants in eastwood have complained about a big drop in foot traffic since this was implemented.

hopefully someone can come up with a better solution.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Sa C5, after the bridge and before Toyota Ortigas, existing pa rin ang 2 U-turn slots kung galing ka sa South (from Kalayaan). Suki ako sa ikalawang U-turn slot (pabalik ng Kalayaan).

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
MMDA to shut down U-turn slots in C-5 road