New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dx8976 View Post
    hopefully someone can come up with a better solution.
    One thing i had in mind was to reopen one U-turn slot right after Greenmeadows/Jollibee as this area doesnt have much commercial establishments. Traffic will slow down a bit but it may not be as bad as when there was a u-turn slot near Shopwise and Eastwood.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    was at an event with people in the "know" or are connected directly or indirectly with planning and or executing these so called solutions....well i decided to grab the oppurtunity to ask them...blah blah blah...they replied with confidence that would shame a valedictorian...blah blah blah...but they did slip on one thing...they said and i quote " nag research kami and nag survey dyan sa area na yan " ...then i said walang ginawang survey...syempre sya todo tanggi at pinagmamalaking meron daw....

Loko pala sya eh, ako yung consultant sa area namin...wala dumaan man lang kahit ho ha nung sinasabi nyang survey before they implemented the closing of the u-turn slots...may mga tao talagang nuknukan ng yabang at know it all...malasa na lang nya sakin sya nagsinungaling...oh well wala parin nangyayari...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    One thing i had in mind was to reopen one U-turn slot right after Greenmeadows/Jollibee as this area doesnt have much commercial establishments. Traffic will slow down a bit but it may not be as bad as when there was a u-turn slot near Shopwise and Eastwood.
    yup, good point.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    When oh when will they actually figure it out? How much does a footbridge cost?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    personally, agree ako sa ginawa nilang pagsara ng u-turn slots sa area na yan ng c5. napapadaan din ako dun during rush hours and though medyo mabagal ang daloy, at least direcho lang ang takbo at walang swerving at singitan. sometimes kasi nagiging stressful lang naman ang traffic dahil sa singitan at gitgitan. pero kung nasa lane naman at direcho lang takbo mo, less ang sakit ng ulo. pero minsan nga, hassle talaga at nakakatamad umikot ng malayo kung katapat mo lang ang pupuntahan mo.

another thing, to those entering eastwood, please lang, wag naman yung galing sa centermost lane tapos biglang kanan papasok sa eastwood. alam kong may mga dyip na nakapara sa right kaya ayaw dun, pero wag naman yung bastusang galing sa center/innermost lane. pwede ding mag right sa kalye industriya then left before the total station. mas mabilis pa nga dun e.

pero sana nga lagyan nila ng footbridges for the pedestrians kasi wala na talagang hintuan ang mga sasakyan.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by coiter View Post
    pwede ding mag right sa kalye industriya then left before the total station. mas mabilis pa nga dun e.

pero sana nga lagyan nila ng footbridges for the pedestrians kasi wala na talagang hintuan ang mga sasakyan.
    Uyy, salamat sa tip. Tagal ko na sa Eastwood nagta-trabaho, ngayon ko lang na confirm may daanan na pala dun. .

Taga-Marikina kasi ako kaya sa Manggahan na daan ko dahil wala na U-turn.

Sang-ayon ako sa footbridge. Pag nag ta-taxi ako sa gabi papasok ng office, sa Libis ko pinapadaan para mas tipid. Kaso nakakatakot tumawid at minsan patay na mga ilaw pag madaling araw. Kaya lang, ayaw ata ng Citibank/Eastwood nito, baka eye sore.

Back to the topic, pansin ko recently after ng sem-break mas ok na traffic sa umaga. Nung simula, mas lumala sa experience ko. Sa pasko season kaya?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    yup sa topy's place ang pasok mo para sa shortcut to eastwood.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by rfb_arki View Post
    was at an event with people in the "know" or are connected directly or indirectly with planning and or executing these so called solutions....well i decided to grab the oppurtunity to ask them...blah blah blah...they replied with confidence that would shame a valedictorian...blah blah blah...but they did slip on one thing...they said and i quote " nag research kami and nag survey dyan sa area na yan " ...then i said walang ginawang survey...syempre sya todo tanggi at pinagmamalaking meron daw....

Loko pala sya eh, ako yung consultant sa area namin...wala dumaan man lang kahit ho ha nung sinasabi nyang survey before they implemented the closing of the u-turn slots...may mga tao talagang nuknukan ng yabang at know it all...malasa na lang nya sakin sya nagsinungaling...oh well wala parin nangyayari...
    Makes you wanna wish that congress bomber brought a bigger bomb and took everyone else including malacanang with all the rest of them congressmen eh?

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by rfb_arki View Post
    hay...it doesnt take a genius to know when and when not to use these kinds of solutions...its obvious that people playing around in designing these traffic schemes dont really make observations and proper research per particular area where theyre implemented...

one can note that they closed the intersections,concreted them up, bak bak the u-turn slots a few hundred meters from both sides of the existing intersection that they blocked, improved it, made concrete barriers etc etc...

kung inayos na lang ba nila yung traffic management system or trained properly people that can man the intersections instead of wasting money on construction and demolition...for me intersections work fine...

+1 ke rfb_arki. . .

a well-analyzed traffic light system at an intersection is better than opening u-turn slots. . .mas okay sa 'kin ang maghintay sa traffic light than muscle it out with other drivers (esp. with those inconsiderate cabbies) sa u-turn slots. . .balita ko ke bayani ang pagawaan nung mga concrete barricades na yun kaya ipinipilit nyang gamitin yung mga yun e. . .

sa kaso ng portion ng c5 sa bagumbayan (it's more popularly known as libis, but that area actually belongs to bagumbayan, qc. . .anyway), there should be traffic lights at the intersections with greenmeadows ave., calle industria, and at gentex. . .tapos magtayo sila ng footbridge. . .ilang pedestrian na ba ang namamatay dyan sa zebra crossing in front of gerry's grill?. . .hindi naman lagi e me bantay na mmda to help people cross the street. . .minsan nga rush hour sa umaga kung kailan maraming taong tumatawid e walang nag-a-assist to people who want to get to the other side. . .if the proposed location for a footbridge was protested by citibank, why not build it somewhere else?. . .lahat ba yun e sakop ng citibank?

now, kung hindi pa makakapaglagay ng traffic lights e sana ibalik yung mga u-turn slots na malapit sa gentex and the one just after greenmeadows ave.. . .kahit hindi na yung sa tapat ng shopwise. . .the thing is, if you're coming from katipunan or santolan road and sa eastwood ang destination mo, you'll have to go aaaaaaaall the way to rosario para maka-u-turn lang. . .kung nasa parking ka na sa trabaho e hindi ka na nakakadagdag sa traffic sa kalsada, but the opposite happens while you're still on the road. . .of course, we also have to consider the amount of gas na nasasayang and its effect to the environment. . .

bayani, gising! . . .bakit sa katipunan na tapat ng ateneo and mirriam e sangkatutak ang u-turn slots?. . .bakit, maimpluwensya ba mga parents ng mga estudyante dun at wala kang magawa?. . .the same thing with marcos highway. . .sangkatutak din ang u-turn slots. . .hay naku!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by redMD View Post
    this is a major concern for me and to those residing in eastwood libis coming from quezon city..before, they used to have a u-turn slot near eastwood but to my dismay, i learned that the slot was already blocked and the nearest u-turn slot was the one found under the fly-over which was a kilometer or so away from eastwood... and the real problem is...usually during rush hours is that after making that u-turn on your way to eastwood..shucks it will take you 30minutes to arrive on your destination...

knock knock bayani fernando.... nauubos oras namin sa traffic just to get home... sobrang hassle!! i have a feeling na walang unit c BF sa eastwood that's why pinahihirapan nya mga tao.. hayz! sana me nagbabasa...
    IMO lang po, i noticed that Eastwood wasnt really well-planned if i compare it to a similar development such as Rockwell. Their main entrance is narrow and isnt conducive to traffic flow (with a building built so close to the corner so they can't correct it anymore), a lot of buildings were built next to each other, etc... Maybe the developer should have considered making a flyover from the southbound lane of C-5 Libis going into their development to anticipate C-5 Libis becoming a free-flow road (like what Rockwell did with their EDSA entrance, they constructed their own flyover).

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
MMDA to shut down U-turn slots in C-5 road