New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Actually I just don't know if this is the proper forum but we drivers/riders tend to bash and remember those motorists who cut-off a lane in front of us or piss us off in one way or another and we better remember them and have the good guys go unnoticed. So this time, why don't we list down those motorists whom have pleased us to give them good credits though they don't know it. So to start it off, I was riding along C-5 avenue, and I noticed, this taxi, chopping off a lane, to pass the taxi, since I do not turn my head lights off (I'm riding a motorcycle), what I did is I flashed my high beams intermittently aiming for his left rear view mirrors and the taxi gave the entire lane for me.

Second, I was cruising along NLEX, and I was going like 110 or 120, then I had to slow down for there's a closed van in the fast lane doing 90-100 approximately. though there's no more lane left on my left hand side, rather than passing from the right hand side of the van, I had my turn signal on the left and tried to focus my left head lamps on his left rear view mirrors, and I tried signalling my intentions to pass him by blinking my head lights (this time I'm on a car) and luckily though closed van drivers are known to stick on the fastest lane though trudging, but to my surprise, he turned is turn signal to the right and switched lane to the right and gave the fast lane for me.

Next up, early this morning I was riding my motorcycle to work, and as Buendia ave. is all congested so I was passing in between gaps and there was this CR-V on my left and I stopped along the right hand side of the CR-V for I know that my side mirrors are about to hit the CR-V's right-hand-side mirror and my throttle grip might touch the car's surface on my right hand side leaving a scratch and to my surprise, though I didn't insisted, the driver of the CR-V full-steered to his left to widen the gap for me and my bike to pass by.

And there are lots of other drivers who pleased me on the road though I can no longer remember the most of them so any stories similar to these? :D

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Usually in heavy traffic areas where all cars are stopped, and a guy on a motorcycle is trying to squeeze between the space between my back bumper n the other car behind me to get to the other side, i usually scoot up a little bit for him.

And of course, if there are chicks trying to cross, I will stop for them so they could cross in front of me haha. One girl was trying to cross to Robinsons Imus and she was in the median, i let her pass and she got bashful n shy.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    It just turned green and the taxi behind us beeped kagad, "beep beep, beeeep". I looked, frowned and just went and made a right at the intersection. Wife was pissed but I told her to calm down, ganyan talaga ang mga taxi driver kako.

Turns out he passed the gas station onto the lane I was going into, and was already there when I made the right turn. But he was between the lanes and was driving so sloooow.

So, being the nice guy, I also returned the favor: "beep beep, beeeep" and passed him as soon as he yielded.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Was so surprised yesterday, I didn't move for a full second.

Crossing an intersection, after 2 or 3 cars sped up and refused to let me cross (the usual no-taking-turns-attitude)... For the 1st time in my life, a 10-wheeler truck stopped 10 ft. away from my car, yielding right-of-way to me and allowing me to drive across... without me having to stick my car's nose in his lane, honk my horn, or perform any of the other antics necessary when crossing...

May pagasa ang bansa natin...

5. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Marami pa naman talagang courteous driver sa kalye...just don't forget to acknowledge them by flashing your lights or raising your hand to say "thanks"! May their tribe increase!

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Our subdivision is located along a busy road, so often in the morning it can be a pain having to wait at the gate, waiting for other vehicles, especially tricycles, to let us pass on our way out. But once in a while, a generous motorist will stop a short distance away, just long enough to let me cross the road and be on my way. Those I acknowledge with even a slight wave through my window.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    1) these things should not be surprising, it's what civilized people do. it's what we EXPECT of our fellow motorists

2) generally, i give way to others because the stress of panggigitgit is not worth the few seconds or minutes saved. yun nga lang, kupal talaga mga PUV so pag sa kanila, lots of times i don't give way to them if i have the right of way.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    personally, mga gusto lumipat sa lane ko, pinagbibigyan ko. PROVIDED they signal na lilipat sila.

di ko rin pinagbibigyan ang mga magcounterflow para iwas traffic at sisingit sa harap ko.

ang kinakainisin ko talaga yung tipong pinasingit mo na nga, gigitgitin ka pa. or yung pinasingit mo pero at one point na ikaw naman kailangan sumingit pabalik sa lane eh iipitin ka. pati yung nauna ka na sa intersection eh pipilitin pa din sumingit at sila pa galit.

badtrip din yung mga driver na tumatawid ka ng matino sa pedestrian lane habang naglalakad tapos bigla aarangkada na akala nila eh inaagawan mo sila ng kalye. eh naglalakad ka lang naman.

kapag pinagbigyan ako ng tao kung liliko ako, i make it a point to wave at the person ang smile. parang "thank you" na din. sad to say, very seldom ko ito nagagawa kasi sobra barumbado mga driver dito.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    It is actually the pedestrian who should go first, kapag nasa pedestrian lane sila. Dito mo lang makikita na yung mga pedestrian ang kakaway para mauna yung sasakyan...

Pinauna ko yung isang tatawid one time. Tumigil na ako, full stop. Sabay pinauna pa ako, tapos nagpunta sa likod ng sasakyan para tumawid...Mr. Nice Guy? haha oh well...

(only in da philippines)

10. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero
    di ko rin pinagbibigyan ang mga magcounterflow para iwas traffic at sisingit sa harap ko.

ang kinakainisin ko talaga... yung nauna ka na sa intersection eh pipilitin pa din sumingit at sila pa galit.
    I share the exact same sentiments.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
List down that mr. nice guy whom you saw today.