New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbullz View Post
    taasan ng tax. that way,only people who know what they are doing would keep such vehicles(specially the w123 and VW lovers like me). i wonder how they do it in japan and other countries though...lets face it,theres just too much derelict cars running in our streets...
    Taxes or higher registration (to a point), I believe, is how some countries would deal with older but still good running vehicles.

In Japan, they are required to phase out older vehicles hence all the surplus and Subic vehicles we have here.

Just get rid of the derelict vehicles and would definitely help ease traffic

2. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    or taasan yung registration fees. thats not going to sit well with vintage car owners hehe

other suggestions:

- make age eligibility for drivers license form 21 to 60.
    - get rid of those horrendous "owner-type" jeeps.
    - develop a really good mass transit system, not like the MRT on EDSA.
    - get rid of jeepneys and trikes, but this is really wishful thinking.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    double post
    Last edited by morrissey_05; July 10th, 2008 at 02:38 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    i have a german friend and he said that cars beyond a certain age (5yrs ata) will have to get tested every year for registration. suspension etc should be sound and well...if they found something,you would have to fix it before they give you the sticker. fixing stuff is expensive there. so buying a new car is much better. dito lalagyan na lang yun taga stencil o kung sinong bugoy hay nako...kailan kaya tayo aasenso?

tama yun sinabi nun isa na bawasan yun jeepney. sa hapon at gabi naman hindi sila napupuno,istorbo lang sila sa daan. bastos pa mga PU inang mga yan...as for the pedicabs at tricycle at kuligligs...wala naman ngipin ang batas natin eh. since wala silang magagatasan sa mga yan hinahayaan na lang nila. lets face the painful facts na lang. we live in the Philippines,where the law is just a suggestion ika nga ni PLDT.com tangapin na lang natin na ang mga mambabatas natin at tagapagpatupad nito walang iniisip kundi sarili nila...wake up,Philippines...

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    i do think may effect pa rin ang color coding. just compare the traffic on coding days and saturdays. may difference pa rin. and i really have doubts that a majority actually bought "coding cars" to the point na wala nang effect ang coding. if ever, sa 20% na affected ng coding per day, i don't think na aabot ng 50% of those have the capacity to buy and maintain another car. so at best may reduction of 10% pa rin sa daan. it's still better than nothing.

anyway, syempre we all base it on personal observations and assumptions. the best is still to come up with actual figures to justify any moves. this is actually the response of the MMDA. make a study, show the figures, then let's do something. pero sa ngayon, status quo na lang.

btw, i do observe the coding scheme and commute once a week just to contribute a little.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    A vehicle safety inspection that cannot be bribed should suffice to see whether 20+ year old cars are roadworthy or not. Commercial vehicles must not be exempt, those are the most notorious for abused vehicles.

Regarding coding, I could sympathize with those who have only one car and have to commute on their coding day (but that also saves $ anyway). However, technically speaking the coding scheme was done in an attempt to resolve overpopulated roadways that the government could not properly fix. Since there are less cars now, logic states that the coding scheme should be lifted as it no longer serves its dutiful purpose.

One other problem that may sidetrack the thread, is the amount of public vehicles that have very few passengers. It's just way too much, takes up valuable space other private cars could use, and makes it harder to deal with (ignorant drivers). However with the increased fuel prices more people commute now, so that possibly helps offset that argument that the PUV's take up too much space and carry so little.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    wish ko lang:

- may jeep, tricycle, pedicab (also with motor), motorcycle ban 9pm till 5am the next day. para smooth sailing pauwi.
    - wag ng tanggalin yung number coding. tama yung iba, less traffic = good FC.
    - gawing 4 lanes lahat ng roads.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    double post...
    Last edited by puroy; July 10th, 2008 at 05:19 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    mga jeep na walang laman hindi lang sayang sa space,istorbo pa sila dahil maghihintay ng pasahero ang mga bastos na yan just look at the buendia/pasong tamo and pasongtamo/MCS/walter mart area...and mantrade na din. habang di natin kaya ayusin ang mga bastos na yan lalo na yun mga pedicabs at trucycles na yan,walang asenso ang kawawa nating bansa. proper flow of traffic na nga lang hindi pa kayang ipatupad,pagasenso pa ba ng bayan? this is fast becoming a no man's land or jolog country where the jolog is supreme! kadyot lang kadyot lang kailangan pa ba imemorize yan? wowowee!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbullz View Post
    i have a german friend and he said that cars beyond a certain age (5yrs ata) will have to get tested every year for registration. suspension etc should be sound and well...if they found something,you would have to fix it before they give you the sticker. fixing stuff is expensive there. so buying a new car is much better. dito lalagyan na lang yun taga stencil o kung sinong bugoy hay nako...kailan kaya tayo aasenso?

tama yun sinabi nun isa na bawasan yun jeepney. sa hapon at gabi naman hindi sila napupuno,istorbo lang sila sa daan. bastos pa mga PU inang mga yan...as for the pedicabs at tricycle at kuligligs...wala naman ngipin ang batas natin eh. since wala silang magagatasan sa mga yan hinahayaan na lang nila. lets face the painful facts na lang. we live in the Philippines,where the law is just a suggestion ika nga ni PLDT.com tangapin na lang natin na ang mga mambabatas natin at tagapagpatupad nito walang iniisip kundi sarili nila...wake up,Philippines...
    meron naman tayo checklist pag nagprehistro kaso di na ginagawa basta check na lang ng check...hehehe

bawasan lang mga PUJ, tapos na ang problema natin sa traffic

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast