New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 60 of 632 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110160 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2012
    Tama si Walter, vkool is cool, got it for 15,500 clear sa front tas yung gilid nakalimutan ko.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

2. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by eespup View Post
    May balita ba kelan ETA ng mga new batch of Ertiga?

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

this week daw ser, intay ko rin akin eh hopefully before friday makuha ko na

3. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Inaccept ko yung free tint sana pala nag upgfrade na lang ako to 3M. Yung kinuha ko yung parang silver. Sino dito ang naka ganun sa ertiga nila? ok ba pag gabi?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Hi to all,

I have been on the look-out for an MPV. My choices are Avanza, Ertiga and Innova. I did not include Chevy’s Spin anymore because of the fixed 2nd row seats.

I think the Ertiga has proven its performance and reliability since its in the Indian market for 2 years already. It’s even competing against the Innova in some countries.

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review - Team-BHP
    Just sharing the Maruti Ertiga thread above (with detailed review and owner comments, 100+pages), there is this feedback that…
    The Ertiga is not a comfortable 7 seater, it’s not even a spacious 5 seater.

Not comfortable as a 7 seater because its 3rd row seating is compromised (well same as most compact MPV’s) but I was able to check this in Suzuki Pasig and for me it’s roomier than the Avanza, quite close to the Innova. Ingress-egress however is a struggle. So I disagree there.

Not spacious as a 5 seater. Without folding the 3rd row seats, its boot space is not much, not even the grade school trolley bags won’t fit. If you fold the seats, its slanted so the bags with wheels will just play around while you drive. Also, the backrest is beige, even the cargo carpet, it’s an all out invitation to dirt. Not spacious as a 5 seater because when the 3rd row seats are folded, you need to move the 2nd row seats forward which loses its leg room flexibility thus a sedan is better in a 5 seater setup. This I agree.

Guys, I am not bashing here, nor I am a Toyota fan boy. Just summarizing what I read in the link.

For me, below are the factors why I am still 2nd guessing w/ the Ertiga.
    Beige interior color – yes you can be a superman in cleaning but remember, we're looking for an MPV, often w/ the kids, w/ your activities, sports and others, so cleaning can be an everyday thing, and I am no superman
    Cargo space – as mentioned earlier, and again as an MPV, you will need cargo space, folding the 3rd row sacrifices the 2nd row. You may want to put a roof rack, but this MPV is car-like, putting a rack there changes its look, but this is more on preference.

I am posting this for more info for those who are eyeing the Ertiga.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Amen to that bro. Actually I also read that review and I'm not sure why they compare the Ertiga to Innova. For me it's like comparing silver to gold. For me it's the Ertiga-Avanza-Spin-Grand Livina. Honestly, my dad is a Toyota fan and he has been encouraging me to get another Toyota (my previous ride was a 03 Toyota Corolla Altis). But if we will base on the review of the Avanza owners(there's a thread here in tsikot) and Ertiga owners (threads can be found in an Indian website), it seems that I see more complaints against the Avanza. Given that Toyota is claimed to be a reliable brand (subok na ika nga), it actually depends on how you take care of your car. For me, it's not the brand, it's how you handle your ride. My altis has been with us for 11 years and the only major repair I made is the engine support/shocks. I had no problem with the engine since it was well kept and maintained. The point here is take care of your car, and your car will take care of you. Honestly, I'm still considering the Avanza because of the brand but I would like to try a new one (sabi nila, maiba naman). BTW, I tried to sit on the 2nd and 3rd row of the Ertiga and the space feels enough for me (I'm 5'7). For the Interior, my plan is to cover the carpet with the free matting and I'll buy a set of dust trap (or customized), Cargo Space, yes, you are correct, if you fold the 3rd row, you would need to sacrifice the 2nd row a bit, but the solution is to uninstall the 3rd rows headrest so you would have enough space in the 2nd row. =)

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    The Avanza is just a rebadged Daihatsu. The engine isn't even as reliable as the one in the Vios. You can wait for the Honda Mobilio.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Ertiga is compared to the Innova because that's what they have in India. Indeed, against the Innova, it's not very spacious.

But it's the Avanza and Spin you have to compare it to here. Yes... the third row is cramped... you have to move the second far forward for appreciable third row space... but the Spin has similar issues

The Avanza still has, I believe, the advantage in terms of third row seating and cargo space (third row flips forward, leaving a very deep boot.) But the Spin's sliding second row gives you greater comfort there than in any other small MPV (except perhaps the APV)... and the seats feel more substantial than the Avanza's. Yes, the way the third row folds kind of sucks, but then you could do as I do and leave it in place and dump the bags on the seat.

The Spin has more durable feeling seats, but as I've said elsewhere, the high seat point is not great for shorter passengers.

I'm thinking the Spin is the best casual use family car of the three... very car-like, very comfy... the only major... MAJOR issue, really, is the beige interior. I'd get the base model or the mid-range model and spend the extra on some leatherette seat covers, door panels and trunk-liner.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by mangjose81 View Post
    Inaccept ko yung free tint sana pala nag upgfrade na lang ako to 3M. Yung kinuha ko yung parang silver. Sino dito ang naka ganun sa ertiga nila? ok ba pag gabi?
    ako po sir di ko na kinuha ung tint nila paglabas ko ng casa pinunta ko kagad sa car accessories sa araneta pinlagyan ko ng titanum tint na silver bagay po sa dusky brown ko

9. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    *Niky,
    Are you releasing any review on the Ertiga anytime soon? :D

I guess one of the attractions of the Ertiga is its value for money. With all the technologies and accessories included, the TOTL is a steal at 812K. Its not your full-size MPV but has decent styling cues, creature comforts and features you would not usually see on other similarly priced sedans/MPVs.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by hcubueno View Post
    *Niky,
    Are you releasing any review on the Ertiga anytime soon? :D

I guess one of the attractions of the Ertiga is its value for money. With all the technologies and accessories included, the TOTL is a steal at 812K. Its not your full-size MPV but has decent styling cues, creature comforts and features you would not usually see on other similarly priced sedans/MPVs.
    We just did it for the magazine. Trying to align schedules so we can have someone do a review for the site, or so we can at least do a photo-comparison with the Avanza and/or Spin.

I liked it. Some issues, of course... no car is perfect... but Suzuki did a good job on the car, and it's a very strong choice against the Avanza and Spin. Can understand now, why Suzuki employees are cashing in their discount benefits for this one.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Suzuki Ertiga - 7 seater MPV