New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 61 of 632 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111161 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 610 of 6313
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    297
    #601
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The Ertiga is compared to the Innova because that's what they have in India. Indeed, against the Innova, it's not very spacious.

    But it's the Avanza and Spin you have to compare it to here. Yes... the third row is cramped... you have to move the second far forward for appreciable third row space... but the Spin has similar issues

    The Avanza still has, I believe, the advantage in terms of third row seating and cargo space (third row flips forward, leaving a very deep boot.) But the Spin's sliding second row gives you greater comfort there than in any other small MPV (except perhaps the APV)... and the seats feel more substantial than the Avanza's. Yes, the way the third row folds kind of sucks, but then you could do as I do and leave it in place and dump the bags on the seat.

    The Spin has more durable feeling seats, but as I've said elsewhere, the high seat point is not great for shorter passengers.

    I'm thinking the Spin is the best casual use family car of the three... very car-like, very comfy... the only major... MAJOR issue, really, is the beige interior. I'd get the base model or the mid-range model and spend the extra on some leatherette seat covers, door panels and trunk-liner.
    I have not seen the spin, but how the way you describe it like the sliding 2nd row seat and the beige interior its similar to the ertiga.

  2. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    168
    #602
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The Ertiga is compared to the Innova because that's what they have in India. Indeed, against the Innova, it's not very spacious.

    But it's the Avanza and Spin you have to compare it to here. Yes... the third row is cramped... you have to move the second far forward for appreciable third row space... but the Spin has similar issues

    The Avanza still has, I believe, the advantage in terms of third row seating and cargo space (third row flips forward, leaving a very deep boot.) But the Spin's sliding second row gives you greater comfort there than in any other small MPV (except perhaps the APV)... and the seats feel more substantial than the Avanza's. Yes, the way the third row folds kind of sucks, but then you could do as I do and leave it in place and dump the bags on the seat.

    The Spin has more durable feeling seats, but as I've said elsewhere, the high seat point is not great for shorter passengers.

    I'm thinking the Spin is the best casual use family car of the three... very car-like, very comfy... the only major... MAJOR issue, really, is the beige interior. I'd get the base model or the mid-range model and spend the extra on some leatherette seat covers, door panels and trunk-liner.
    I'm kind'a confused with your post. I've tried the LTE Spin and its second row does not slide forward like the ertiga. It also has grayish fabric seats and interior and not beige just like the Ertiga.

  3. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    342
    #603
    Is Niky, Niky Tamayo of Topgear?? Wow! I always read your columns in topgear website. Nice review on the new accord. It's nice to have you here sir. I hope to see the Ertiga review either online or in the magazine soon. When will it become available? Will it come out on your September issue? Thanks in advance! =)

  4. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    178
    #604
    Yes, he's The Niky Tamayo!

    Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

  5. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    54
    #605
    The way Niky described Spin on his last post makes me think he was actually talking about the Ertiga as the descriptions were spot on in the ertiga.

  6. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    342
    #606
    Quote Originally Posted by hcubueno View Post
    The way Niky described Spin on his last post makes me think he was actually talking about the Ertiga as the descriptions were spot on in the ertiga.
    Yes, I guess Sir Niky didn't notice that he typed "Spin" instead of "Ertiga". But that's acceptable, I commit typo errors too. Sir Niky, please let us know on when will topgear publish the Ertiga Review. Thanks!

  7. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    463
    #607
    does the GLX model ng ertiga have an aux in port?

    my gl variant only has the USB port...

    is there a way we can connect a tablet to the ertiga's stereo to watch movies?

  8. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    342
    #608
    Quote Originally Posted by butchoi_oOo_ View Post
    does the GLX model ng ertiga have an aux in port?

    my gl variant only has the USB port...

    is there a way we can connect a tablet to the ertiga's stereo to watch movies?
    Sir, as far as I can remember wala nga talga aux-in port kahit sa GLX kasi yun yung nakadisplay sa Alabang showroom. Baka walang aux-in port ang mga Ertiga d2 sa pinas. Yung USB alam ko plug and play lang yun ng music gadget either tablet or ipod. Tinanong ko sa SA ko kaya lang di pa daw sila trained sa mga specs and feats ng Ertiga.

    Same variant tayo sir, GL din kinuha ko pero manual. Waiting pa rin nasa port pa daw sana naman dumating na wala kame magamit...

  9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    9,209
    #609
    ^^^ Yes, he's the one.

  10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    38,973
    #610
    Quote Originally Posted by hcubueno View Post
    *Niky,
    Are you releasing any review on the Ertiga anytime soon? :D

    I guess one of the attractions of the Ertiga is its value for money. With all the technologies and accessories included, the TOTL is a steal at 812K. Its not your full-size MPV but has decent styling cues, creature comforts and features you would not usually see on other similarly priced sedans/MPVs.
    I would think that the variant before that is a greater steal at P752K(?).... The only differences are foglamps and central lock/alarm (anything more I missed?) according to the Suzuki sales guys....


    “The measure of a man is what he does with power : LJIOH-F!”
    24.2K

Suzuki Ertiga - 7 seater MPV