2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    to mbt and carlocaraddict, many thanks for the review. keep up the goodwork
    and more power!

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    http://news.techwhack.com/468/suzuki-apv/

Suzuki APV could be the ultimate people carrier

One of the two possible upcoming vehicles from the stables of Maruti and Suzuki is tipped to be Suzuki APV minivan. It is currently being manufactured in Indonesia and India is one of the future possible candidates for its arrival. The current people carrier from Maruti, Versa is not doing much good for the company. APV is much larger in size and can comfortably seat eight people. That could make the difference.

APV is primarily based on Volkswagen Microbus concept but it won’t be as big as Toyota’s upcoming Innova in interior space. The inside of the van is designed to give the feeling of a car. The original model in Indonesia is sold with a 1.5 and 1.6 litre engines. However, if launched in India, it is more likely to inherit engines from Esteem and Baleno. Another hot possibility in the future is the newly developed 1.3 Multi-Jet Diesel engines, Maruti is making in collaboration with Fiat.

Although it does not exactly fall in the category of MUVs, it would be big enough to compete with current models like Chevrolet Tavera and Mahindra Scorpio. Moreover, if Maruti can promote it well, it can take the slice of the people carrier market with its advantage of having an extensive network of service centers

================================================== ==============

guys, i think they should really consider putting a diesel engine there. this would translate to better fuel economy and increase interest to frugal pinoys. also a great potential for taxi fleet owners.

for the owners out there, please post your consumption per liter and if you ride is the manual or the auto tyranny one.

thanks.

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    d kaya mainit ung aircon ng GL variant nyn?BTW nice review guys!

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    guys, i think they should really consider putting a diesel engine there. this would translate to better fuel economy and increase interest to frugal pinoys.
    a negative side effect, baka gamitin pamasada/megataxi. sayang, may pagka european pa naman dating nya.

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    APV looks like a european minivan ala VW vanagon.

Engine is under the driver's seat? Reminds me of L300 gas, prone to overheating under traffic conditions.

Thanks for the excellent review.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    me diesel variant ba? it would make sense imho -- people carrier naman sya eh

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Macky

Bale PHP 715K (may PHP 4K discount daw kami) namin sya nakuha. Di kasing ganda nung sa Ford yung APR namin (5% compared to 7%) pero pwede na. May libreng ePass at registration daw for a year. Di ko na matandaan yung ibang freebies.
    Libre din daw yung floor mats, 3M Magic tint, 2-yr maintenance (di ko sure kung yung tune up cost ito), at leather stearing wheel at shift knob covers.

Sa Ford libre yung comprehenssive insurance, di namin nai-haggle to dahil mahal pala.

Warranty nga pala nya is 3-years 100K miles.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hindi practical gawing mega-taxi itong APV hehe, as the Suzuki guy pointed out, dahil kailangan pang bumaba nung ibang pasahero at i-fold yung second-row seat para maka-access nung third row

10. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    nice review guys.... i tot 8 was a small van lyk a CARRY van, im worng pala....

Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Suzuki APV walkaround and short test drive report