New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Hi everyone,
    I'm from Jakarta, Indonesia.

Thought any of you need this car pics. They're member of APV club in my country.

The guy with license plate 'BIG APV' uses 20" chrome wheels set, with spinner too, and Honda Jazz/Fit's side mirror. Plus he also modded the windows for the passenger doors. Looks like Japanese minivan... The one that uses polished aluminium wheel is 18" wheels set. All have lowered the suspension.

Sorry if this is not the right forum to post, please suggest me the right one in Tsikot. This is my 1st post in here :-)

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Don't really like spinners, but the body kit is great!

He should've put a chrome grille in, the black mesh grille doesn't balance well with the rest of the car.

Hell! How'd he do the window mod? That one made me do a double take!

Oh, love the mags on the other one... the lip clearance is insanely tight!

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Welcome to Tsikot (slang of the word "kotse", meaning car)!

They really look like Japanese minivans (Nissan Cube?).

Sleek!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikkomann View Post
    Welcome to Tsikot (slang of the word "kotse", meaning car)!...
    ic, Tagalog isn't it?
    My dad's a Pinoy, but I can't speak one

Hmm, no means to offense
    I remember about Kikkoman before...
    seems like a brand of Japanese soy sauce. Love that one in jp restaurant. Tasty, or 'oishii', jpn people said
    http://www.kikkoman.co.jp/products/lineup/index.html

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Suzuki APV is kind of uncommon here, because a lot of people believe that if it isn't Toyota, it isn't worth it. Too bad for them.

Does your club have instructions on how to do the window modification in the second row? My friend might be interested in doing it on his APV.

Our APVs are a little less fuel efficient, I think, because of the bigger engine.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

I love the black one with the "plato" rims (the one on the left) :D

Whats the size of those tires? Does it affect the turning radius?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Does your club have instructions on how to do the window modification in the second row? My friend might be interested in doing it on his APV...
    The guy used rubber window lining rail that's used in Daihatsu Zebra Espass (Indonesian product) passenger door, and he also custom-cut the glass windows. The original metal rail of window is also removed/cut away.

Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The Suzuki APV is kind of uncommon here, because a lot of people believe that if it isn't Toyota, it isn't worth it. Too bad for them.
    Actually I was in Toyota 'bandwagon' before (Corona 2.0 litre) and Isuzu (Panther/Hilander 2.3). But since technology is evolving and since 2002 Suzuki started to re-manage their product package, well, I prefer Suzuki than Toyota. This is ofcourse in the mid-low priced car. In mid-low class, I've felt several 'decreasing' in Toyota products, and that's a bit disappointing. Pity Toyota, they seemed to look for big bucks in this class.

For example the Avanza, the 1.3 litre version has bad rear suspension design, that's causing instability when passing in some degree of bumpy road. And the front disc brake is not a ventilated version (dunno about exported version). And there's a bit body ringing/vibration/wind sound issue in high speed. That's the biggest issue, at least for me. The other is the quality-made of Avanza clearly looks cheap in the eyes Far different from the pricey Innova... APV seems between both, but positioned in the same price with Avanza, more interesting to me.

To be honest, I was nearly-nearly about to get Avanza (since there's no other competing product in its class at that time) in 3 days before Suzuki salesperson contacted me & told that APV will be launched soon. Lucky for Suzuki, and lucky me :-)

I've been using APV for nearly 2 years by now, no probs at all so far. Interesting product too, since it's quite stable up to 120km/h in fast cornering with that towering body, heheh
    My Panther/Hilander 2.3 could do that only up to 80km/h in the same road.
    Both are in bare standard condition.

I like Toyota's premium cars (Alphard, Cressida, Celsior/Lexus LS4xx etc.), but not the value-minded ones...
    I think good value-minded cars is now already belongs to Suzuki.

Photo:
    black APV, beside Avanza (left), Kijang Innova (front) and the previous Kijang - you might call it Tamaraw/Unser I guess (back).

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Clean-looking interiors. Not a big fan of orange though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranma View Post
    ic, Tagalog isn't it?

Hmm, no means to offense
    I remember about Kikkoman before...
    seems like a brand of Japanese soy sauce. Love that one in jp restaurant. Tasty, or 'oishii', jpn people said
    http://www.kikkoman.co.jp/products/lineup/index.html
    Yes, indeed.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Have to agree with Niky on the spinners, bet it would look great with black rims with a polished lip to extend the all black theme. I like the rims on the other one though it looks like an AMG rim. Both are nice rides none the less. What does the inside look like? Is that a side exit exhaust on the one with the spinners?
    Last edited by redorange; October 11th, 2006 at 11:49 PM.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    nice ride! hinde bagay yung spinner. tama yung isang set og mags parang galing sa AMG. ganda nang body kits nya ha, simple lang siya.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
SUZUKI APV - mod. pics.