New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    I've seen my share of consumer complaints here in Tsikot and since Suzuki is already offering some form of compensation for this problem, may I suggest that you meet with them again without resorting to a full refund of the vehicle.

If you read the warranty clause before purchasing the said vehicle, there is nothing there stating about a full refund. The manufacturer will only replace and/or repair the defect.

ok sir noted thanks..............

2. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    nope...........not yet an approved law........

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    [SIZE=2]kung ako bibili ng sasakyan, manual parin pipiliin ko. nakakatakot pala ang automatic. ayaw kung mangyari sa pamilya ko ang ganyan.
    [/SIZE]

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Naisip ko din yun OTEP -- pero AFAIK, maho-hold lang ng hand brake yung car at full rev kung naka-todo ang batak nito. No offense meant but since the unit was girl-driven I doubt naka-todo ito.As for gear/driver error, puwede din siguro but only if walang 'P' sensor yung pag-start AND the driver stepped on the gas instead of the brake.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Yung APV hindi pala siya Doreamon kundi isa pala siyang Nobita...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by pup2 View Post
    Naisip ko din yun OTEP -- pero AFAIK, maho-hold lang ng hand brake yung car at full rev kung naka-todo ang batak nito. No offense meant but since the unit was girl-driven I doubt naka-todo ito.As for gear/driver error, puwede din siguro but only if walang 'P' sensor yung pag-start AND the driver stepped on the gas instead of the brake.
    Yes, that is why I put emphasis on the words 'properly engaged'. That is the responsibility of the driver already.

And whatever happened to using the service brakes? They are vacuum assisted and should not require gargantuan strength to engage. Switching off the ignition also does not require immense strength. Whether driving brand new or not so new vehicles, the driver should always have the presence of mind to respond to situations which are beyond normal parameters including multiple vehicle system failures.

I'm not entirely blaming the driver here. Just pointing out that the gravity of the situation could have been severely lessened by doing the right thing. The driver's apparent inability to respond rapidly and correctly to the situation could ultimately put her driving skills in question and her actions immediately prior to the incident as well as her driving habits and vehicle usage will also be questioned. Was the driver positively sure that the proper vehicle start up procedure was done? Does the driver know the pertinent regular inspection/maintenance items that must be done at home including items that should be inspected prior to using the vehicle? Or is everything just left up to the casa? Remember that the owner also has a role in vehicle maintenance and upkeep and this is explicitly stated in the owner's manual numerous times.

A more thorough investigation is in order.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Yes, that is why I put emphasis on the words 'properly engaged'. That is the responsibility of the driver already.

And whatever happened to using the service brakes? They are vacuum assisted and should not require gargantuan strength to engage. Switching off the ignition also does not require immense strength. Whether driving brand new or not so new vehicles, the driver should always have the presence of mind to respond to situations which are beyond normal parameters including multiple vehicle system failures.

I'm not entirely blaming the driver here. Just pointing out that the gravity of the situation could have been severely lessened by doing the right thing. The driver's apparent inability to respond rapidly and correctly to the situation could ultimately put her driving skills in question and her actions immediately prior to the incident as well as her driving habits and vehicle usage will also be questioned as well. Was the driver positively sure that the proper vehicle start up procedure was done? Does the driver know the pertinent regular inspection/maintenance items that must be done at home including items that should be inspected prior to using the vehicle? Or is everything just left up to the casa? Remember that the owner also has a role in vehicle maintenance and upkeep and this is explicitly stated in the owner's manual numerous times.

A more thorough investigation is in order.
    +1
    Also was the driver stepping on the brakes before starting the vehicle? It's always a good habit to have your foot on the brakes when you start a vehicle regardless of what type of tranny it has.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    points well taken gentlemen. i just want to stress that this happened within a split of a second inside our garage.....with kids inside the car......regardless of whatever technical or environmental factors, an automatic car at "P" is only expected to start and idle first.........when i reached the car, the gear was on "P", hand brake engaged, ..........of course with all the damge to the right side and the tire rod broken..............all happened in a split of a second..............

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    IMO, it's a losing battle in PI, if you want a full refund of your used Susuki vehicle. Yes, let say, the car is defective but how many same car as yours did malfunction out of hundred or thousand cars sold worldwide? If Susuki company said, none except your car, they'll say it's an operator error.. Your stories, investigation, photos, police report and so forth means nothing to Susuki if no complinant but you... Just like others say, settle amicable with Susuki, if they offer to fix your car, so be it.. Secondly, family is the most important, if no injury suffered, be thankful that they are all safe.

But here in states, it's a different story... you can sue all you want to sue and the gov't take your case very seriously especially if safety is involved.

Goodluck.. Hope your case win in court......

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The incident may have happened within a split second but the ensuing events would've probably needed more that a second to occur even if such events were occuring in rapid succession.

And what exactly was the defect? That is what is needed to be determined. Demanding for a full refund is pretty pointless. Even in the U.S., such incident won't still be covered by most states' Lemon Laws. Maybe it was just a pin or a tab or a nut that failed. Whatever it was, finding the root cause of the problem will also benefit other motorists. It will raise awareness as to the existence of the problem and corrective measures can be undertaken. At least that's better than just declaring all units as defective without even finding out why. Sort of harks back to the witch hunts during the dark ages.

And who supplies transmissions to Suzuki? That company will also be probably supplying transmissions to other manufacturers. At least if the root cause is determined, it will not only be of benefit to your unit and the Suzuki brand, it will also benefit other vehicles which use the same brand of transmission.

If Suzuki Philippines does not have the means to investigate the problem, try to have them agree to have the vehicle processed by a third party shop which will give both Suzuki and the complainant an objective, unbiased report of their findings.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Suzuki Apv Buyers.......beware!