New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Yun car garage ba nyo hindi level at steep downward toward the gate/road? This could have something to do with the failure and aggravated the swift motion. The suzuki "CSI" team should have recreated or simulated the event and circumstances to find the root cause of the failure. Kung hindi sila serious about this incident at hindi nila accept na merong failure parang sinabi na rin nila na "kathang isip" lang ito.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by manmantandoc View Post
    baka you meant suzuki po...............

oops, sorry. yep i meant suzuki. edited my post as well.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Sorry to hear your plight sir.

It's a good thing I was able to read this as my mother is considering in purchasing the very same unit by summer .

Because of this incident, I may even defer my wife's request for her own Suzuki Swift (automatic). This incident is truly scary!

Obviously there has been a catastrophic glitch in the auto transmission of your unit. Somehow it bypassed the "safe" P or Parking position and went to the next gear. Automatic transmissions are normally not affected by their parking position, whether the car is parked uphill or downhill.

Keep us posted on your progress and hopefully you can resolve this matter with Suzuki as soon as possible.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Something is very wrong with the tranny. The tranny cable might not have been adjusted correctly so even if the shifter was in P the tranny itself was still in R. The cable might also have come loose. Bad.

On the other hand cars with automatic transmissions are not supposed to start when the tranny is engaged. Some cars even require the driver to step on the brake and put the tranny in Park before the car can be started. Badder.

BTW most cars can easily overcome their parking brakes.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Pangit talaga ang APV A/T pero hindi ganyan ang M/T variant at iba pang Suzuki cars lalo na yung gawa sa Japan(Grand Vitara,Swift,etc....)..

Malabo ang refund dyan siguro kulitin mo nalang na palitan nila yan...

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    [QUOTE=eggman;769225]Pangit talaga ang APV A/T pero hindi ganyan ang M/T variant at iba pang Suzuki cars lalo na yung gawa sa Japan(Grand Vitara,Swift,etc....)..

[Posted by 10.7.43.36 via http://algart.net/ww This is added while posting a message to avoid misuse.
    Try: http://webwarper.net/webwarper.exe Example of viewing: http://webwarper.net/ww/~av/tsikot.y...ad.php?t=35985 ]

Gawa lang sa Indonesia ang mga Suzuki APV.

This should probably be why this happened.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by SeminaristaKuno View Post
    Something is very wrong with the tranny. The tranny cable might not have been adjusted correctly so even if the shifter was in P the tranny itself was still in R. The cable might also have come loose. Bad.

On the other hand cars with automatic transmissions are not supposed to start when the tranny is engaged. Some cars even require the driver to step on the brake and put the tranny in Park before the car can be started. Badder.

i agree..i cant think of what could have happened

8. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Psylocke View Post
    What's "hand break"??? Did you break your hand? Was this the cause of the accident?
    .......:hihihi:

9. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by manmantandoc View Post
    With the transmission at “P” and the hand brake on, my wife started the vehicle without stepping on the gas. Upon ignition, the car instantaneously went into very high revolution and started taking a very strong reverse motion, contrary to the “P” & the hand brake.
    Was wondering, did your wife shift to reverse right after starting the engine or did the vehicle 'shift' to reverse on its own?

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by SeminaristaKuno View Post

I've heard of this happening to a few cars of different make, and I've seen it happen to an SUV (not sure which... was quite a long time ago) at the CCP.

The throttle becomes stuck wide open (I have no idea why) and the transmission goes nuts. I suppose there's a glitch in the transmission cable adjustment that put the car in reverse even while it was in Park.

Also, note that the trigger mechanism that prevents the car from starting in gear is on the shifter itself, not in the transmission. So if the shifter is in "P", even if the cable is incorrectly set and it's in "R", the car can still start, because the shift lever is in the "P" position.

It was scary at the CCP. The vehicle started revving wildly, and the driver couldn't shut it off (since the car was in gear)... went into reverse trying to get it into "P", slammed into the car behind him... then he tried putting it into neutral, got it into "D" and slammed the car in front of him. Locked up the axle and the engine died. Scary sh*t.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Suzuki Apv Buyers.......beware!