New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 66 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1656626364656667686970 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Solid medium grey! I’ve noticed the metallic silky silver variants like Vodka’s are quite rare though. I’ve counted probably less than five since the JB74 was released into the local market...

2. Join Date
    Feb 2014

price increase

check out gl mt, +88k

i guess they're noticing that people are opting for GL so they adjusted the prices closer to GLX

3. Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post

price increase

check out gl mt, +88k

i guess they're noticing that people are opting for GL so they adjusted the prices closer to GLX

In-offset and pinatungan lang ata nila yung cash discount eh. Mga bwiset.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Jimny to be sourced from Japan again ...

jimny.jpg

source: https://visor.ph/cars/suzuki-ph-will...m-japan-again/

5. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by 111prez View Post
    Jimny to be sourced from Japan again ...

jimny.jpg

source: https://visor.ph/cars/suzuki-ph-will...m-japan-again/
    Does Maruti discontinued making the 3 door Jimny?

Sent from my SM-S901E using Tsikot Forums mobile app

6. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    https://www.autoindustriya.com/auto-...an-import.html

stupid article mahal daw mag ship ng parts from japan to india, implying that it's cheaper to get it direct from japan. pero anlaki ng tinaas ng price hahaha

more likely is india is retooling that one assembly line for 5dr production so they can't make 3dr anymore

7. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    https://www.autoindustriya.com/auto-...an-import.html

stupid article mahal daw mag ship ng parts from japan to india, implying that it's cheaper to get it direct from japan. pero anlaki ng tinaas ng price hahaha

more likely is india is retooling that one assembly line for 5dr production so they can't make 3dr anymore
    siguro nga ganyan ang reason ng suzuki philippines. maruti suzuki india might import their jimnies too from japan. due for retooling of their factory for the new five door jimny.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2021

btw i've been researching on fluids for JB74:

-for ATF i found Aisin AFW+. datasheet says compatible with suzuki-3317

-transfer case seems to use a 75W GL-4 gear oil so that's easy to find it's basically manual tranmission fluid

-for the diffs suzuki says to use "super gear oil 75w-85 synthetic" which is probably a GL-5. easy to find as well

seems like maintaining this thing isn't gonna be a problem

PS factory fill coolant is BLUE, good for 8yrs. about the same as ford, but shorter than honda's 10yrs
    Share ko lang:

The ambiguous Suzuki 75W-85 “Sooper” Gear Oil synthetic mentioned in the manual is unavailable. Hirap din daw ata mag source ang Suzuki Japan itself from its supplier. Local dealers will substitute 75W-80 GL-4 synthetic, and their replacement sched. is at 24 months, compared to the 12 month or 15,000km (initial break in) replacement of diff. fluids per the manual (then every 24months or 40k kms afterwards).

The manual’s silent if the “sooper” grasa is GL-4 or GL-5, but I believe either’s ok, since local dealerships use a GL-4 (from Indonesia) and the older JB43, which shares a similar or the same diff w/the JB74 uses 80W-90 GL-5 synthetic (manual specified).

The “Sooper” Blue Extra Long Life Coolant is also unavailable here. Local dealers will top up your reservoir with standard green during PMS. Ok lang din yun. Same active ingredients, just lesser concentration.

By the way, ampanget ng PMS policy ng Suzuki. Pinagbigyan ko lang sila during the 1st and 5th month back then, but I do all the stuff now (following the manual intervals) and keep records; or have the guy who services our trucks do it.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Miles_on View Post
    Share ko lang:

The ambiguous Suzuki 75W-85 “Sooper” Gear Oil synthetic mentioned in the manual is unavailable. Hirap din daw ata mag source ang Suzuki Japan itself from its supplier. Local dealers will substitute 75W-80 GL-4 synthetic, and their replacement sched. is at 24 months, compared to the 12 month or 15,000km (initial break in) replacement of diff. fluids per the manual (then every 24months or 40k kms afterwards).

The manual’s silent if the “sooper” grasa is GL-4 or GL-5, but I believe either’s ok, since local dealerships use a GL-4 (from Indonesia) and the older JB43, which shares a similar or the same diff w/the JB74 uses 80W-90 GL-5 synthetic (manual specified).

The “Sooper” Blue Extra Long Life Coolant is also unavailable here. Local dealers will top up your reservoir with standard green during PMS. Ok lang din yun. Same active ingredients, just lesser concentration.

By the way, ampanget ng PMS policy ng Suzuki. Pinagbigyan ko lang sila during the 1st and 5th month back then, but I do all the stuff now (following the manual intervals) and keep records; or have the guy who services our trucks do it.

the transfer case has synchronizers so you can shift on the fly so it's GL-4 (gl-5 eats yellow metals). the manual recommends "75W" for transfer case, which turns out to be different from 75w80 or 75w85 etc. 75W is actually a super thin fluid, pero meron available locally like ravenol. i guess the reason why there's transfer case whine is because of the super thin fluid. i'll fill this with 75w90 GL-4 after break in

yung "super" gear oil is GL5 so for the diffs i'll use 80w90 GL-5, slightly thicker than recommended 75w85

the casa engine oil is 0w-20. basically ALL their fluids are very low viscosity to improve their fuel efficiency numbers. i'll use 10w30

as for coolant you shouldn't mix the old green coolant coz you'll "downgrade" the blue coolant. that's the reason why they don't sell blue, coz they want you to keep changing the coolant for more profit btw suzuki green and blue are totally different chemistries, kinda like honda type1 and type2. zuki green and honda type1 are conventional. blue/type2 are PHOAT

panget talaga suzuki PMS. the warranty booklet says "I" for engine oil at 1k/1mo i.e. inspection only. but the casa kept bugging me to change the oil i didn't give in of course

as for ATF, apparently JWS 3309 is basically toyota T-IV fluid

10. Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Ah yes, only GL-4 sa transfer case!
    Balitaan mo kami dito how the 75W-90 works out.

Malamang, that's the only reason they don't stock blue coolant.
    Ke dali lang naman mag flush ng radiator eh...

panget talaga suzuki PMS. the warranty booklet says "I" for engine oil at 1k/1mo i.e. inspection only. but the casa kept bugging me to change the oil I didn't give in of course
    Mabuti sana kung engot tayo sa sasakyan eh...

Pwede namang general "inspection" lang at 1 month, which I let them do. (700kms odo pa lang)
    -Changed the oil + filter myself at 1k kms, mineral 10w-30. (`Yaan mo na, rite of passage ko with my vehicles [parang binyag] sa break in)

5th month, I let them change the oil (marked ko with date beforehand yung old oil filter with paint so I can see if they replaced it)
    -5w-30, Ecstar semi synth nila (ayaw pa ibigay, yung 0w20FS daw nila meron). Sabi ko MERON kayo, supplied yan ng Suzuki in drums, not bottles. (parang yun sa trucks namin we have a drum din and rotary hand pump)

8th month, had some free time, so I dropped by and inq. about PMS. In addition to oil change, policy daw nila palitan ang spark plugs after 8 months.
    Mura lang naman ang 4 na plug, but I also declined na. Cost is not the issue, trying to be made a sucker though, is a different matter...