New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 48 of 72 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by monhwan View Post
    Yes the unit used is RON. Does that translate to the unit octane?

Sent from my SM-A305GN using Tapatalk
    Our pumps use RON.[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Our pumps use RON.[emoji106]

Ok thanks for clarifying [emoji106]

3. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Ok thanks for clarifying [emoji106]

Anytime, sir! Happy motorin'!!![emoji106]

4. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Ph unit is not affected by recall

https://www.topgear.com.ph/news/car-...-a962-20190712

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    Ph unit is not affected by recall

https://www.topgear.com.ph/news/car-...-a962-20190712

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk
    Thanks! [emoji106]

6. Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Just an update on my 2019 Jimny GL AT's FC: I haven't filled up yet, the digital fuel meter reads 6 bars out of 10, +1 bar from the half tank mark. The distance traveled is already 185 kms with mostly light to moderate traffic and with little heavy traffic city driving. My old 2nd gen Honda CRV 2.0L MT would already be at the 1/4 tank mark with this distance traveled averaging 5.7 km/l. So it's looking good for the Jimny even without reaching the break in period, looking forward to filling up by this week when I reach the 1/4 tank mark.
    FC update: 8.14 km/l with Clean Fuel premium 95 octane includes the hellish traffic these past few days

Distance traveled - 227.0 kms
    liters of fuel filled - 27.895 liters auto stop pump
    odo: 272 kms
    fuel guage - 3 of 10 bars
    digital kml average meter reads 8.5 kml

The Clean Fuel station I chanced upon didn't have the unleaded 91 so my experiment to use this will be for the next full tank to see the difference between the 91 and 95 FC

Even for the hot weather today the aircon is cold and capable at level 2 fan and not full on cold to the temp dial.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    ‫?????? ????? G63 ?AMG‬‎ - YouTube

8. Join Date
    Apr 2019
    FC update: 8.14 km/l with Clean Fuel premium 95 octane includes the hellish traffic these past few days

Distance traveled - 227.0 kms
    liters of fuel filled - 27.895 liters auto stop pump
    odo: 272 kms
    fuel guage - 3 of 10 bars
    digital kml average meter reads 8.5 kml

The Clean Fuel station I chanced upon didn't have the unleaded 91 so my experiment to use this will be for the next full tank to see the difference between the 91 and 95 FC

Even for the hot weather today the aircon is cold and capable at level 2 fan and not full on cold to the temp dial.
    FC update 2nd full tank: 8.35 km/l city driving with Clean Fuel premium 95 octane with light to moderate traffic and little heavy traffic. This duration period most often have 1 passenger or 3 passengers (my family) unlike the previous full tank mostly just me, then my family as passengers only on the Sunday 2 weeks ago.

Distance traveled - 261.2 kms
    liters of fuel filled - 31.272 liters auto stop pump
    odo: 537 kms
    fuel guage - 2 of 10 bars
    digital kml average meter reads 8.7 kml

This time filled up with 91 octane unleaded fuel to compare which fuel can get a better FC.

Cheers!

9. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    FC update 2nd full tank: 8.35 km/l city driving with Clean Fuel premium 95 octane with light to moderate traffic and little heavy traffic. This duration period most often have 1 passenger or 3 passengers (my family) unlike the previous full tank mostly just me, then my family as passengers only on the Sunday 2 weeks ago.

Distance traveled - 261.2 kms
    liters of fuel filled - 31.272 liters auto stop pump
    odo: 537 kms
    fuel guage - 2 of 10 bars
    digital kml average meter reads 8.7 kml

This time filled up with 91 octane unleaded fuel to compare which fuel can get a better FC.

Cheers!
    Thanks Sir for sharing these info, very helpful.

So roughly I guess we can generally assume between 8-10 km/l for city driving depending on traffic conditions and driving style. Highway could be around 11-13 km/l, hopefully can hit 14-15 km/l on light footed drivers.

Hindi pa din dumating unit ko, bogbog na Jazz ko sa 75 kms round trip daily commute ng wife ko. Kung mag reklamo sa FC kahit highway driving baka mauuwi sa kanya na Jazz at akin na Jimny.

Kawawa naman Jazz ko, araw araw umaakyat ng bundok, hahahaha! 98% paved road though...

10. Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by bim27142 View Post
    Thanks Sir for sharing these info, very helpful.

So roughly I guess we can generally assume between 8-10 km/l for city driving depending on traffic conditions and driving style. Highway could be around 11-13 km/l, hopefully can hit 14-15 km/l on light footed drivers.

Hindi pa din dumating unit ko, bogbog na Jazz ko sa 75 kms round trip daily commute ng wife ko. Kung mag reklamo sa FC kahit highway driving baka mauuwi sa kanya na Jazz at akin na Jimny.

Kawawa naman Jazz ko, araw araw umaakyat ng bundok, hahahaha! 98% paved road though...
    You're welcome!

By this time, it is hard to compare the 91 octane fuel to the 95 octane fuel since this duration for the full tank has been mostly moderate to heavy traffic conditions. I am currently at almost half tank and noticeable around 15 kms less distance traveled than with the 95 octane fuel. We'll have the km/l result by next week.

High-speed drive observation:
    The GL AT variant has a 4-speed Auto transmission. At top gear (4th gear) and optimal rpm of 2000rpm, the speed is around 65-70 kph. I doubt it can get a good highway FC especially if you run faster than 70kph like 100kph speed limit straining the engine more at high rpms, plus the body lacking aerodynamics Unlike the Jazz/City (we have the city 1.5vtec cvt), at top gear (7th gear), the speed is around 85kph much more economical. We used our city to go to Baguio and I got a little over than 16km/l from Shell A. Bonifacio to Rosales Clean Fuel using Shell fuel save unleaded then 13km/l from Rosales to Baguio and back to Shell Angeles. We are 3 adults and 2 kids in the car and with luggage at the trunk.