New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Parang ang hina for a 1.5L NA engine. 103hp/137Nm is better for a small car like the Swift or even smaller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    almost similar figures sa engines ng Xpander (4A91) and Veloz (2NR-VE)

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    almost similar figures sa engines ng Xpander (4A91) and Veloz (2NR-VE)
    Everyone knows those two vehicles don’t have spectacular engines. Hehehe

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Everyone knows those two vehicles don’t have spectacular engines. Hehehe

103hp is not a lot since grand vitara pa ito. i expected din better engine output. kun avaza expander competitor par for the course lang.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Parang ang hina for a 1.5L NA engine. 103hp/137Nm is better for a small car like the Swift or even smaller.

Why Suzuki always focusing on weak output engines? Meanwhile some Chinese makes they already done turbocharging 1.5L four or three cylinder motors.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by thearsenal1205 View Post
    Why Suzuki always focusing on weak output engines? Meanwhile some Chinese makes they already done turbocharging 1.5L four or three cylinder motors.
    this is basically the Urban Cruiser in India... Toyota is focusing more on reliability in the long term. less components, less parts, easier to maintain.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    this is basically the Urban Cruiser in India... Toyota is focusing more on reliability in the long term. less components, less parts, easier to maintain.
    Honda makes a more powerful 1.5L NA engine with around the same reliability as Toyota’s.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Honda makes a more powerful 1.5L NA engine with around the same reliability as Toyota’s.

Honda also manufactures engines for Red Bull I also drive a Honda and yes I prefer the way my City handles compared to the Vios and Almera (previous Gen)

But if you look at the best selling cars of 2022, the Rush and the Xpander (both powered by a Naturally Aspirated 1.5 engine) made it to the list. No Honda and no turbo-petrol 1.5L engine. So I guess the guys from Suzuki knows what they're doing.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Honda also manufactures engines for Red Bull I also drive a Honda and yes I prefer the way my City handles compared to the Vios and Almera (previous Gen)

But if you look at the best selling cars of 2022, the Rush and the Xpander (both powered by a Naturally Aspirated 1.5 engine) made it to the list. No Honda and no turbo-petrol 1.5L engine. So I guess the guys from Suzuki knows what they're doing.
    also i seldom hear bad reviews sa suzuki engines apart from them being underpowered compared to the competition. So i guess they really are after reliability.

That honda L-series though, impressive!

9. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by BlancNoir View Post
    That honda L-series though, impressive!
    I always joke with Honda SAs that it seems like AC no longer wants to train their technicians as they have been using the L-series on almost all current models.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I always joke with Honda SAs that it seems like AC no longer wants to train their technicians as they have been using the L-series on almost all current models.
    Even the turbo Hondas use the L15 platform. The 1.5L turbo engine is used in the Civic, HRV, Accord, and CRV.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast