New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Possible pricing: These might be the Suzuki Ertiga Hybrid’s pricing for PH when launched - AutoPH

ertiga.jpg

Looks like the local release is on the horizon

2. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    mild hybrid. it's mild so mild increase in fuel efficiency. mild increase in power. i'm not even sure if it's worth the added mild increase in cost and mild increase in complexity

i just hope the whole car doesn't get bricked when it detects a fault in the hybrid system

3. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    How's a mild hybrid different from a hybrid?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    mild hybrid. it's mild so mild increase in fuel efficiency. mild increase in power. i'm not even sure if it's worth the added mild increase in cost and mild increase in complexity

i just hope the whole car doesn't get bricked when it detects a fault in the hybrid system
    Using Hybrid word for marketing but mababasa mo nalang sa brochure yung exact Mild Hybrid na napakaliit na phrase.
    Gusto makakuha ng market share from Toyota eh.
    Almost every car manufacturer our now riding on the EV marketing craze.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    mild hybrid only has ISG integrated starter/generator and small battery. ISG replaces both the alternator and starter so it's very cost optimized and the battery is small so it's cheap. but isg is small so it doesn't give a big boost in power. then there's the annoying auto start/stop so the ISG should not have any trouble doing this but one thing i noticed w/ my K15B engine is that it starts up super fast so it's probably gonna start even faster and quieter w/ the ISG

6. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    I'm not sure, but I googled ISG, and it seems it's a hybrid with a start stop system, maybe that's why they call it smart. Anyway, I was just curious. If I were to buy another car, it's probably 5 years down the road, and we don't need hybrids to save on fuel, cause we don't really do any mileage. I think I hybrids are for sales fleets.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    I'm not sure, but I googled ISG, and it seems it's a hybrid with a start stop system, maybe that's why they call it smart. Anyway, I was just curious. If I were to buy another car, it's probably 5 years down the road, and we don't need hybrids to save on fuel, cause we don't really do any mileage. I think I hybrids are for sales fleets.
    a strong hybrid can run the car purely on electric power for a certain short distance. ertiga hybrid can't do this

8. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    there are different types of hybrids.

In a mild hybrid system, the electric motor (and battery) is not big enough to move the vehicle. It does not have an EV mode.
    so basically, it supports the car's engine when extra power is needed.

unlike the Prius where the EV engine moves the vehicle when travelling at low speeds.

don't expect Kicks or Prius F/C from a mild hybrid (like the Ertiga or the Okavango), but you're still exempted from coding.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    "mild" hybrid na ba lahat ang engine ng Ertiga? no more non hybrid version?

10. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by thearsenal1205 View Post
    "mild" hybrid na ba lahat ang engine ng Ertiga? no more non hybrid version?
    di pa announced yung hybrid version (mamayang hapon pa), so kung bibili ka this morning, malamang non-hybrid pa sya

no info yet if Suzuki PH will discontinue the non-hybrid version

pero if the rumored price of the hybrid version is true... pwede pa nila ibaba yung entry level non-hybrid Ertiga since the Avanza starts at 833K

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast