New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Hi! Going to purchase my first car soon and I am looking at the Swift. Few questions though:

1. How is maintenance cost of Suzuki Swift so far compared to others?
    2. Does it break down easily? (With regular maintenance)
    3. What are the common issues of Swifts?
    4. Are the issues easy to repair or not as costly to repair?

Thanks y'all

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    bro confirmed na dual jet na? can you take a photo of the engine? the dual jet has two sets of injectors...

Hello bro, sorry for the late reply

Here is the actual google drive link of the engine bay.

IMG_20181209_103220.jpg - Google Drive

I'm not a mechanic so I cannot confirm it myself. What I do know is that the engine looks similar to the Thailand Dual Jet based on the pictures also the numbers on the white paper is the same.

Here is an article of the Thai Swift Suzuki Swift 1.2 GLX (218) review | Bangkok Post: auto

PS: My Swift chassis does have the Suzuki Thailand Co. sticker on the driver's door.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by ziggyzagged View Post
    Need to know as well. Anyone know how Suzuki's CVT is? They say only Honda has great CVT. The rest is not good and when they break, they are way way more expensive to repair compared to a regular AT. So now I am thinking twice about buying a Swift.

I've swept the internet and there is little to none of real life evidence or at least someone who actually told a story about the problem with their new gen CVT. However there was indeed a problem during the early days of CVT on all manufacturers including Honda and Nissan.

The Suzuki Swift uses the new gen Jatco CVT7 with auxiliary gearbox rated at 180nm of torque, the same CVT found in the Mirage. Just replace the CVT fluid every 30k kms and the CVT should last very long.

If there was indeed a design flaw in the Jatco CVT7 then we should be seeing lots of them in the Mitsu Mirage HB & G4, the latter being used as Taxis in Metro Manila. So far the only complaints are air-con filter, kalampag etc. no mention of the CVT.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by komokoro View Post
    I just bought the 2018 Suzuki Swift GL CVT as my first car, delivered to my house last friday. My cousin drove it and he owns the previous gen swift and a 2013 rio, he says the car is like night and day compared to the previous gen. better acceleration, response, suspension and nimbleness, more space too! Comparing it to the Starex and Vios that I drove during my driving lesson this car feels like your driving a Go cart lol.

I got the metallic blue one with a 40k discount, original price is 799k. I almost bought the 763k Mirage HB GLS with a 85k discount but the new swift is so roomy inside that you don't feel like your driving a small car compared to the mirage and wigo.

The good news is this new Swift is manufactured in Thailand with the same 1.2L Dual Jet engine, compared to the previous gen spec that is from India.

Considering I'm getting 11-12 km/l on the panel driving around our subdivision at 30kph I think the car is very fuel efficient. Sana mag improve pa.
    Suzuki calls it Heartect technology which makes the body 15% lighter than previous models. The Ciaz has this design that's why it is frugal too.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Thank you so much! I am very new to the world of cars so your detailed input is very very much appreciated!!

6. Join Date
    Dec 2018
    I've swept the internet and there is little to none of real life evidence or at least someone who actually told a story about the problem with their new gen CVT. However there was indeed a problem during the early days of CVT on all manufacturers including Honda and Nissan.

The Suzuki Swift uses the new gen Jatco CVT7 with auxiliary gearbox rated at 180nm of torque, the same CVT found in the Mirage. Just replace the CVT fluid every 30k kms and the CVT should last very long.

If there was indeed a design flaw in the Jatco CVT7 then we should be seeing lots of them in the Mitsu Mirage HB & G4, the latter being used as Taxis in Metro Manila. So far the only complaints are air-con filter, kalampag etc. no mention of the CVT.
    Thank you so much! I am very new to the world of cars so your detailed input is very very much appreciated!!

7. Join Date
    Mar 2018

Very true.

Replaced it during the required interval time with the exact CVT fluid required by Suzuki.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Hello bro, sorry for the late reply

Here is the actual google drive link of the engine bay.

IMG_20181209_103220.jpg - Google Drive

I'm not a mechanic so I cannot confirm it myself. What I do know is that the engine looks similar to the Thailand Dual Jet based on the pictures also the numbers on the white paper is the same.

Here is an article of the Thai Swift Suzuki Swift 1.2 GLX (218) review | Bangkok Post: auto

PS: My Swift chassis does have the Suzuki Thailand Co. sticker on the driver's door.

Sir komokora, where did you buy your unit? anong freebies? thanks.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by den View Post
    Sir komokora, where did you buy your unit? anong freebies? thanks.

I got mine from Suzuki Angeles City, with standard freebies Tint, matting, etc. I was able to get 40k discount after days of negotiation, 759K Bank PO. The agent was nice and very accommodating throughout the entire process. So far I'm loving it!

UPDATE: CONFIRMED THE ENGINE IS NOT DUAL JET. After further research and inspection of the engine bay it only has 4 FUEL injectors. The rest of the ENGINE though is the same as the dual jet with the same compression ratio of 11:1, aluminum alloy block, timing chain not belt etc.

Suzuki K12M Dual Jet , 23 km/L, 83 PS, 108 nm torque (probably tuned down to meet the ECO PHASE2 regulations of Thailand and the lack of additional cooling which DUAL INJECTION requires)
    Suzuki K12M Non Dual Jet, 21 km/L, 83 PS, 113 nm torque

The new Swift power to weight ratio albeit only having a 1.2L(113nm, 850KG) is similar to Honda City 1.5L(145nm, 1107KG) at around 130nm.

City driving 11.5-12 km/L and still climbing, I saw a guy on the Swift Club FB page posted 13.3 kmpl city driving on his new swift.
    Crawling traffic for about an hour 10 km/L, which marami na rin kami sa Angeles City T_T.
    Haven't tested it sa Expressway but they say its 21-23 kmpl.

I believe the new swift has now the same FC of the current mirage but with more POWER. Both cars is around 850KG, same 1.2L, same JATCO CVT7.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    its still a light platform hence the good fc. thanks for confirming the engine variant👍

I got mine from Suzuki Angeles City, with standard freebies Tint, matting, etc. I was able to get 40k discount after days of negotiation, 759K Bank PO. The agent was nice and very accommodating throughout the entire process. So far I'm loving it!

UPDATE: CONFIRMED THE ENGINE IS NOT DUAL JET. After further research and inspection of the engine bay it only has 4 FUEL injectors. The rest of the ENGINE though is the same as the dual jet with the same compression ratio of 11:1, aluminum alloy block, timing chain not belt etc.

Suzuki K12M Dual Jet , 23 km/L, 83 PS, 108 nm torque (probably tuned down to meet the ECO PHASE2 regulations of Thailand and the lack of additional cooling which DUAL INJECTION requires)
    Suzuki K12M Non Dual Jet, 21 km/L, 83 PS, 113 nm torque

The new Swift power to weight ratio albeit only having a 1.2L(113nm, 850KG) is similar to Honda City 1.5L(145nm, 1107KG) at around 130nm.

City driving 11.5-12 km/L and still climbing, I saw a guy on the Swift Club FB page posted 13.3 kmpl city driving on his new swift.
    Crawling traffic for about an hour 10 km/L, which marami na rin kami sa Angeles City T_T.
    Haven't tested it sa Expressway but they say its 21-23 kmpl.

I believe the new swift has now the same FC of the current mirage but with more POWER. Both cars is around 850KG, same 1.2L, same JATCO CVT7.