New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    if the rotor has reached the minimum thickness, there is a tendency for the rotor to warp and there is a tendency for overheated brake rotor resulting in brake fade. if the car is equipped with floating calipers, the pads have a risk of falling off when the caliper piston hyperextend. but if the caliper is that of sliding caliper type, the pads stay put regardless of how thin the pads and/or the rotors are. once the discard thickness have been reached, it simply means it is time to discard the rotor in favor of new rotor replacement. the common problem with caliper piston hyperextending is that the piston may be stuck at an angle preventing it from retracting into its bore

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Mag-cross drilled rotors ka na.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    cost of re-face and labor pa lang how much na plus another labor charge pag pinalitan mo ng rotors. add ka na lang ng konti and you'll get a brand new replacement rotors and feel safer sa ride mo. IMHO lang.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    If we opt for an aftermarket parts, are such rotors the same? Or must I play safe with OEMs? I'm sort of interested on those slotted or drilled rotors.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    If you get aftermarket, most online retailers have a fitment guide. Like ebc rotors. They have oem replacement, oem slotted/drilled etcs then there is racing and big rotor upgrades. Oem replacement means they are machined to the same fitment of original rotors.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by straker View Post
    If we opt for an aftermarket parts, are such rotors the same? Or must I play safe with OEMs? I'm sort of interested on those slotted or drilled rotors.
    Aftermarket is fine but getting cross drilled or slotted rotors is pretty much useless if you have a modern vehicle which won't see any track or heavy towing use.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by straker View Post
    Aftermarket is fine but getting cross drilled or slotted rotors is pretty much useless if you have a modern vehicle which won't see any track or heavy towing use.

7. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post

Agree with sir vinj. Cross drilled and slotted rotors are meant to prevent brake fade and does not really add to stopping power. So unless you see yourself doing frequent hard braking, your money is better spent on something else.

Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post

Agree with sir vinj. Cross drilled and slotted rotors are meant to prevent brake fade and does not really add to stopping power. So unless you see yourself doing frequent hard braking, your money is better spent on something else.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12