New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Will check out AXN soon.

Yung ayoko kasi yung manloloko na shop. Am not really knowledgeable in the nitty gritty details WRT to the individual components of the car.

Would like a reputable shop sana that won't rip off customers and charges a decent price naman.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by likot View Post
    Speaking of alignment.

Marami akong tanong:

-Kapag computerized it means pagka align using the balancer na connected sa computer eh ok na at pantay na dapat ang takbo? Ganito ba dapat?

-Lahat kasi ng pa-align ko sa Yokohama computerized yung camber and wheel alignment pero after gawin yun tetest drive nila tapos laging may kabig aadjust manually yung sa ilalim ng sasakyan di na nakakasa sa computer. Pagtest drive at may kabig adjust nanaman manually. Ganito ba talaga iccomputerized tapos pag test drive at may kabig aadjust na lang manually hanggang sa pumantay?

- Di ba dapat pagka-align using computer good to go kana at wala ng manual adjustment? Kumusta sa Servitek Marcos Highway magaling ba mag-align don?
    Up ko lang to ^

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Up ko lang ^

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    There are recommended wheel alignment settings on the owner's manual, at least for Honda vehicles - these are usually listed in a small table at the back. If the wheel alignment equipment is computerized, you can ask the mechanics to use the listed settings, if they don't have them saved on the database already (which they usually should).

Bear in mind that depending on the car some alignment specs cannot be changed. This is most evident in cars with a torsion beam rear suspension (most subcompact cars, the Corolla Altis, etc). You just cannot adjust anything on a torsion beam rear end - at least not without added parts such as camber shims. If anything gets seriously out of whack back there you'll be looking at replacing the whole beam...which is NOT cheap.
    Last edited by Type 100; September 5th, 2010 at 08:26 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    why need wheel alignment maybe wheel balance only.

did you notice something while driving ?

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by billnomoney View Post
    why need wheel alignment maybe wheel balance only.

did you notice something while driving ?
    You'll need an alignment once a year anyway. That's maintenance.

You'll be surprised how easily a car's suspension can get misaligned - especially on our streets

7. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    just had mine today *Yokohama. computerized din, and when i test drove it, wala namang kabig. 300 for 2 front tires. WB is P50/wheel, 20 per tingga.

mahal nga sa bridgestone kaya, okay na ko sa Yokohama. friends recommend Servitek-shaw. okay daw service and results.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by badbadtz.carlo View Post
    just had mine today *Yokohama. computerized din, and when i test drove it, wala namang kabig. 300 for 2 front tires. WB is P50/wheel, 20 per tingga.

mahal nga sa bridgestone kaya, okay na ko sa Yokohama. friends recommend Servitek-shaw. okay daw service and results.
    Mura ah.

They did just an alignment check, or did the mechanics actually tweak the settings per wheel?

In my experience the mechanics will usually leave the car alone if they find out the alignment settings are still within acceptable range (these values are saved on the computer usually). Pwede ka na makatipid kung ganun

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    godyear servitek sa may san juan tabi ng cafe ysabel

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005

For me, JP Wheels in Paranaque, Servitek in Las Pinas or Minerva in Pasay or Muntinlupa....

10.8K:lalala:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Where to have wheel alignment?