New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Hello everyone. I have a couple questions with regard to the under chassis of my 2004 Nissan Xtrail 250X 4x4. Hope you guys can shed some light!

1. A couple of days ago, i started experiencing a slight "tuk" sound coming from the front left side of my car after having to slam on the brakes hard at Edsa.
    I had it checked yesterday by my trusty mechanic but we can't seem to pinpoint the culprit of the noise.
    We were able to check everything.. from the stab link, rack end, caliper and brake pad, cv joint, etc and everything seemed fine (plus, those parts have just been changed May of this year)

We're suspecting that the noise is coming from the shock absorber since it only comes out when i press on the brakes and the pressure goes down on the front shocks. We tightened the bolts on top of the shock mount which lessened the noise but still comes out at times. I'll be changing the OEM shock absorbers with replacement KYB Excel G shock absorbers one of these days.

What else do i have to look out for the might be causing that noise?

2. I also noticed that when i have 3 passengers on board or just groceries at the back, the rear shocks are too low. parang naka tingala yung auto. Will i be able to solve this problem when i change my shock absorbers? Or do i have to install rubber lifters to solve this problem? If so, do you guys know where i can buy lifters or where i can have them fabricated?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers tsikoteers!

- Gino Francisco

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    see replies in bold fonts...

Quote Originally Posted by gpufrancisco View Post
    Hello everyone. I have a couple questions with regard to the under chassis of my 2004 Nissan Xtrail 250X 4x4. Hope you guys can shed some light!

1. A couple of days ago, i started experiencing a slight "tuk" sound coming from the front left side of my car after having to slam on the brakes hard at Edsa.
    I had it checked yesterday by my trusty mechanic but we can't seem to pinpoint the culprit of the noise.
    We were able to check everything.. from the stab link, rack end, caliper and brake pad, cv joint, etc and everything seemed fine (plus, those parts have just been changed May of this year)

We're suspecting that the noise is coming from the shock absorber since it only comes out when i press on the brakes and the pressure goes down on the front shocks. We tightened the bolts on top of the shock mount which lessened the noise but still comes out at times. I'll be changing the OEM shock absorbers with replacement KYB Excel G shock absorbers one of these days.

- also have your shock mounts checked....

What else do i have to look out for the might be causing that noise?

2. I also noticed that when i have 3 passengers on board or just groceries at the back, the rear shocks are too low. parang naka tingala yung auto. Will i be able to solve this problem when i change my shock absorbers? Or do i have to install rubber lifters to solve this problem? If so, do you guys know where i can buy lifters or where i can have them fabricated?

- it depends, baka nga your shocks are worn out na...or your springs might be too soft. i doubt kung sira na yan, masyadong bago pa yung oto mo eh. for lifters, you can try visiting Cruven... they have something in there.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers tsikoteers!

- Gino Francisco

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    can anyone here recommend a good and inexpensive underchasis shop in banawe? much appreciate it.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    hukay thread pala...sorry MODS...

Underchassis question