New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Switched from "passenger tires" to "light truck tires". Same size (185 R14).

Question, do I use the same tire pressures as on the "passenger tires" now that I have "light duty truck/van" tires?

FWIW, vehicle is Suzuki APV. Recommended tire pressures are 29 front, 35 rear; 32 front, 44 rear if fully laden.

Reason I ask is the guys at Goodyear (I got Cargo G26 tires) pumped the rear to 50 psi.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    I always follow the recommended cold tire pressure.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfalfameister View Post

Question, do I use the same tire pressures as on the "passenger tires" now that I have "light duty truck/van" tires?

FWIW, vehicle is Suzuki APV. Recommended tire pressures are 29 front, 35 rear; 32 front, 44 rear if fully laden.

Reason I ask is the guys at Goodyear (I got Cargo G26 tires) pumped the rear to 50 psi.
    many tire shops pump in higher pressure than "recommended". dunno why.
    and for lack of any "rule" , i just do the recommended pressures as usual.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

many tire shops pump in higher pressure than "recommended". dunno why.
    and for lack of any "rule" , i just do the recommended pressures as usual.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    I just put in 30 psi on all 4. Just right for me. Not too bouncy

5. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    The safest rule to follow is the recommended pressure written on the tag on your cars driver side door. Problem is, when I have my tires checked, it isn't cold anymore, so the recommended pressure is different. I will usually put in 2-3 psi more & check again in the morning.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yes, I agree that following the recommended pressure is good, but the recommendation is based on original equipment (OE) tires.

I changed from the OE tires (which were "passenger" tires) to light truck (LT) type tires... so does the recommendation of tire pressures on the tag on the door still hold?
    Last edited by Alfalfameister; April 25th, 2015 at 04:52 PM. Reason: baikit ba palaging nagiging double post?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    You can set tire pressure between what's recommended on the car door jamb and the Max PSI rating marked on the tire sidewall. Example,

Door jamb = 30 PSI (Front), 36 PSI (Rear)
    Tire sidewall = 40 PSI Max

This means you can set tire pressure to any value from 30 PSI to 40 PSI (Cold Tire Pressure), whichever works best for you.

You can set tire pressure between what's recommended on the car door jamb and the Max PSI rating marked on the tire sidewall. Example,

Door jamb = 30 PSI (Front), 36 PSI (Rear)
    Tire sidewall = 40 PSI Max

This means you can set tire pressure to any value from 30 PSI to 40 PSI (Cold Tire Pressure), whichever works best for you.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The LT-rated tires have a 65psi max. I guess the P-rated tires would be 50?

From what I am gathering at the interwebz, the LT-rated tires are heavier, ride rougher, but tougher, and better at carrying full loads. P-rated tires ride smoother, more pliable, more fuel efficient.

Since I am not getting a definitive answer yet regarding tire pressures of P-rated tires vis-a-vis LT-rated tires, I will stick to the higher end of the spectrum on the sticker on the door jamb (i.e., use the laden recommended tire pressures) for these LT-rated tires.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sino meron APV carry or Panel Van (where the original equipment tires are the LT-rated tires -- 185R14C)?

Ano nakasulat na tire pressures doon sa door jamb? (yung sticker)? Thanks!

10. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Sino meron APV carry or Panel Van (where the original equipment tires are the LT-rated tires -- 185R14C)?

Sa L300 Fb 28 front 30 rear iirc.

Sa L300 Fb 28 front 30 rear iirc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast