New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Good day. My new AT CR-V slips backwards even after pressing the foot brake (full force). What I do to test is go uphill, stop, set to neutral then put on the foot brake. Honda technician said that it does happen because of the weight of the vehicle. Is what he said true, or should I have my car picked up and checked in casa?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    by the way, the car uses foot brake and not hand brake.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    normally, in going uphill or in steep incline, you should apply the hand brake. foot brake is not strong on the rear wheels. foot brake is designed to stop the car while moving forward, and applies strong braking force to the front wheels only.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    ^

I think sir sparton is referring to foot brake not the brake pedal. No hand brake available.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    interesting, does the foot brake in a CR-V replaces the normal hand brake lever? If so it should lock the rear wheels and prevent the car from
    moving. If it slips, then it definitely needs adjustment.
    Sparton, when the car moves, can you tell if the wheels are sliding/slipping or turning?

6. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by tip_tipid View Post
    interesting, does the foot brake in a CR-V replaces the normal hand brake lever? If so it should lock the rear wheels and prevent the car from
    moving. If it slips, then it definitely needs adjustment.
    Sparton, when the car moves, can you tell if the wheels are sliding/slipping or turning?
    Sorry for not being clear. I'm referring to the foot-operated parking/emergency brake. As far as i can remember, the wheels are not sliding nor turning. Just rolling backwards. But for some weird reason, parking brake seems to work when going downhill. The dealer technician said that it can be because of gravity especially because of the vehicle's wait. I may need to have them pick up my car for casa checkup.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    normally, in going uphill or in steep incline, you should apply the hand brake. foot brake is not strong on the rear wheels. foot brake is designed to stop the car while moving forward, and applies strong braking force to the front wheels only.
    Mas malakas foot brake kesa handbrake.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Mas malakas foot brake kesa handbrake.
    hmmm, not sure about that, why do drifters use handbrake in a FWD cars?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Hand brake levers are easier to access and easier for controlling braking power. The tendency with a foot brake is for the driver to push it all the way down thus applying the brake's full force. Besides, if you're drifting, your feet would be busy with the foot pedals.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    eh di pati harap nag-prepreno kung foot brake ginamit. Hindi siya makakadrift talaga.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast