New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Good day. My new AT CR-V slips backwards even after pressing the foot brake (full force). What I do to test is go uphill, stop, set to neutral then put on the foot brake. Honda technician said that it does happen because of the weight of the vehicle. Is what he said true, or should I have my car picked up and checked in casa?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    by the way, the car uses foot brake and not hand brake.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    normally, in going uphill or in steep incline, you should apply the hand brake. foot brake is not strong on the rear wheels. foot brake is designed to stop the car while moving forward, and applies strong braking force to the front wheels only.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    ^

I think sir sparton is referring to foot brake not the brake pedal. No hand brake available.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    interesting, does the foot brake in a CR-V replaces the normal hand brake lever? If so it should lock the rear wheels and prevent the car from
    moving. If it slips, then it definitely needs adjustment.
    Sparton, when the car moves, can you tell if the wheels are sliding/slipping or turning?

6. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by tip_tipid View Post
    interesting, does the foot brake in a CR-V replaces the normal hand brake lever? If so it should lock the rear wheels and prevent the car from
    moving. If it slips, then it definitely needs adjustment.
    Sparton, when the car moves, can you tell if the wheels are sliding/slipping or turning?
    Sorry for not being clear. I'm referring to the foot-operated parking/emergency brake. As far as i can remember, the wheels are not sliding nor turning. Just rolling backwards. But for some weird reason, parking brake seems to work when going downhill. The dealer technician said that it can be because of gravity especially because of the vehicle's wait. I may need to have them pick up my car for casa checkup.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    the technician is wrong a brake is a brake and what it does is to bring your car in full stop whether in uphill or downhill, moving forward or backward. but then, if the wheels are not even sliding or turning? how can it roll backwards without the wheels turning? then it might be the tires? maybe there is no more traction so no more grip on the surface...

8. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by monty_GTV View Post
    the technician is wrong a brake is a brake and what it does is to bring your car in full stop whether in uphill or downhill, moving forward or backward. but then, if the wheels are not even sliding or turning? how can it roll backwards without the wheels turning? then it might be the tires? maybe there is no more traction so no more grip on the surface...
    Note that I'm referring to the parking/emergency brake. Anyway, I've already scheduled Honda service to pick-up my car tomorrow for checkup and adjustment. I really hope it will be an easy fix for them.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    maybe it just needs an adjustment.

but even if thay have it fixed, never trust a parking/emergency brake when you park your vehicle in an incline road.

shift it to P or for manual tranny into 2nd or 1st gear.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by fourtheboys96 View Post
    maybe it just needs an adjustment.

but even if thay have it fixed, never trust a parking/emergency brake when you park your vehicle in an incline road.

shift it to P or for manual tranny into 2nd or 1st gear.
    Yes, I hope it will be a one-time fix. I'll keep that in mind four. Thanks.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast