New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    How about torque steer from the part-time 4wd?

Does the vehicle veer left or right during acceleration, deceleration, coasting, etc.?

Just putting this up there.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jaggerx3 View Post
    Is it the same as what they call stab clamp bushing?

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk
    Stabilizer clamp bushing is not the same as rack and pinion bushing.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by hilldweller View Post
    Stabilizer clamp bushing is not the same as rack and pinion bushing.
    Thanks for clearing out

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    if the car seems to drive mis-aligned, as in, may kabig, despite the good condition of all the metal parts,
    perhaps it is your tires, sir. out of round na or "oblong". replacement is the only option.
    I second this motion, hehehe... with stock engine's as well.

Do the simple and inexpensive checks 1st, tire pressure and inspection of the tire vs being oblong is free.

Then move on to the other suggestions like the CV joint and rack n pinion checks.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by SidCoronel View Post
    I second this motion, hehehe... with stock engine's as well.

Do the simple and inexpensive checks 1st, tire pressure and inspection of the tire vs being oblong is free.

Then move on to the other suggestions like the CV joint and rack n pinion checks.
    3rd the motion hehe. i would inspect the tires first. does the wear pattern display evenly?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    All 4 tires are new. My guess? Baka loose yung mga bolts used to align the wheels? Possible ba yun? Na as short as 3 months nagiging out of alignment siya dahil hindi mahigpit

Sent from my SM-A605G using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    Steering is off, not veering? If you put the steering at 11 o'clock position the car goes straight?

Clunking sound on full turn or reverse might come from the cv joints. Check the boots it still ok. Try cleaning the joint and replace the cv grease
    Yup its just off, not veering. Car goes straight at 11 position.

New tie rod ends
    New lower suspension arms
    New upper suspension arms

Still, alignment is off

8. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    How about torque steer from the part-time 4wd?

Does the vehicle veer left or right during acceleration, deceleration, coasting, etc.?

Just putting this up there.
    Steering wheel returns to 11 oclock position after turning which is when the car drives straight. If steering wheel is center, the car moves to the right.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by suysuy View Post
    Steering wheel returns to 11 oclock position after turning which is when the car drives straight. If steering wheel is center, the car moves to the right.

3 things needs to be aligned in this order:

1. Steering rack
    2. Steering wheel
    3. Wheels

Everything needs to be centered around the steering rack. Before doing anything else, this has to be set at dead center. The steering rack has a 'natural' center where steering assist is neutral.

Next, with the rack centered, the steering wheel should naturally be at 12 o'clock (if it is still unmodified from the factory). If not, the steering wheel needs to come off the column and lined up to 12 o'clock. Once lined up, a holder is typically used to make sure it doesn't move while the rest of the steering components are aligned.

Finally, the tie-rods are adjusted so the individual front wheels are aligned to the proper toe-in and other parameters designed for that car.

Steering wheel not-centered problems may arise when lazy technicians just remove the steering wheel from the steering column and reattach it so it lines up at 12 o'clock, without taking into consideration that the steering rack also needs to be at dead center.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by suysuy View Post

99% that your rack and pinion assembly shifts from either side. Try to move the steering wheel to the left or right with engine off (no power assist) to confirm its shift.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast