New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by miko101130 View Post
    after 5 minutes with moderate braking, the rust will be gone. the rust is only at the surface it will be easily remove by normal braking.
    bed-in mo muna before going to tagaytay, hanap ka subdivision or area na pwde ka mag bed-in, less than 15 min lang na bed-in mo n yan,

pag meh nag sudden stop sa expressway, tapos di pa totally bedded-in yung pad, the braking distance will be longer and the brake pad may imprint itself sa rotor, mas mahirap n yun alisin at i-bed-in.
    hi miko,

done. BUT, the squealing noise is still there (sounds like metal to metal). the noise diminishes when i hit the brakes. also to add, i just refaced the rotors and replaced with new bendix ct brake pads (front). could it be the rotors? but i didnt see any problem when braking hard, no vibration in the steering wheel whatsoever. the noise is coming from front wheel, driver's side. different mechanics tell me to:
    1. reface the rotors.
    2. replace brake pads

if i tell them just had it refaced, they said "pangit pagka reface, paulit natin". dont know what to do next.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    if i tell them just had it refaced, they said "pangit pagka reface, paulit natin". dont know what to do next.

One test I use when evaluating a student's brakes hardware refinish is to run a ball point pen across the new surface(radially). if the pen writes without skipping, is satisfactory, if it skips, the refinish is bad

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    ll l l l l

4. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by gutz_3110 View Post
    hi miko,

done. BUT, the squealing noise is still there (sounds like metal to metal). the noise diminishes when i hit the brakes. also to add, i just refaced the rotors and replaced with new bendix ct brake pads (front). could it be the rotors? but i didnt see any problem when braking hard, no vibration in the steering wheel whatsoever. the noise is coming from front wheel, driver's side. different mechanics tell me to:
    1. reface the rotors.
    2. replace brake pads

are all the brake shims in place correctly?
    did you put brake grease sa guide pins at sa pagitan nang shims?

vibration will cause metals to produce sound.

are you sure na nasa harap ang sound? madalas nagkakamali dahil minsan nasa likod pala sound. muka lang sa harap galing dahil sound travel faster than your vehicle can move forward.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Same thing with my toyota innova. Before I replaced the brake pads everything was ok. I bought orig brake pads sa cruiser sucat. Now there is a squealing sound even when I don't brake. It's intermittent. Minsan meron pag mag brake, na sand na yung pads ng mechanic para daw matanggal yung sumSayad. The thing is there is no problem with braking power. Ano kaya to?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by r_delro View Post
    Same thing with my toyota innova. Before I replaced the brake pads everything was ok. I bought orig brake pads sa cruiser sucat. Now there is a squealing sound even when I don't brake. It's intermittent. Minsan meron pag mag brake, na sand na yung pads ng mechanic para daw matanggal yung sumSayad. The thing is there is no problem with braking power. Ano kaya to?
    Probably fake. Daming fake toyota brake pads. I would take photos from the toyota and compare the the photos from the cruiser sucat.

7. Join Date
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by miko101130 View Post

are you sure na nasa harap ang sound? madalas nagkakamali dahil minsan nasa likod pala sound. muka lang sa harap galing dahil sound travel faster than your vehicle can move forward.
    hi miko, thanks for the reply.

- im not sure. havent checked this.

- what is a brake grease? san makakabili nun? possible ba na hindi fully disengage yun brake pads kaya may sumasabit?

- ayan pa pala isa. actually when i had it checked, inangat namin yun harapan (naka jack) and let the wheel turn, wala naman yun tunog. baka nga sa likod.

problem ko lang, dalawang mekaniko na yun tumingin ang alam lang sabihin eh brake pad replacement, tumatama yun back plate saka rotor reface. hindi nila ako nasabihan about brake grease and shims.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by gutz_3110 View Post
    hi miko, thanks for the reply.

- im not sure. havent checked this.

- what is a brake grease? san makakabili nun? possible ba na hindi fully disengage yun brake pads kaya may sumasabit?

- ayan pa pala isa. actually when i had it checked, inangat namin yun harapan (naka jack) and let the wheel turn, wala naman yun tunog. baka nga sa likod.

problem ko lang, dalawang mekaniko na yun tumingin ang alam lang sabihin eh brake pad replacement, tumatama yun back plate saka rotor reface. hindi nila ako nasabihan about brake grease and shims.
    dito mo lalagyan brake grease

tapos yung brake shims ganito itsura, dapat meh brake grease din at tama ang order at orientation

important na free moving ang slider at guide pins,
    hindi dapat mag vibrate yung shims, kung meh brake grease yan mababawasan ang vibration all througout the calipers.

wag ka lang maglalagay grease sa rotor at brake pad material.

kung wala ka mahanap na brake grease, you can use moly or graphite fortified grease, MAG1 has them, you can buy them sa handyman/ace hardware/ etc...

normal grease will dry out quickly due to the extreme heat, 100-200 degrees.

OEM ba pinalit mo brake pads? if you have already refaced the rotor/ replaced the brake pad, tapos ok ang brake shims and you have applied breake grease already then check your rear brakes they might need repalcement and servicing.

9. Join Date
    May 2013
    wow! salamat miko!

10. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Mga bro help naman. I recently had my disk re faced . They charged me a total of 5180 php. 1200 each for the front disks, then brake fluid and repair kit 1580. Plus 1200 for labor. This is due to squeaking sound of my brake when i changed the pads to bendix. Ask ko lng pero i think alam ko na din sagot haha overpriced ba yung gawa nila sa akin? I'm having troubles kasi finding a good and honest talyer in BF paranaque area e. Kaya dun ko nlng pinagawa sa kung ano makita ko

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast