New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    [quote=boy astig;1022333]
    Quote Originally Posted by JCBalunsat View Post
    Dimished? Getting there I guess. The pedal is going deep already but still managing.

Sir, have you had your brake repair kit checked? This usually causes the pedal to go deep when braking, sometimes to the point that you have to pump the pedal before the brakes start to bite .

I'm also using bendix (metal king) on my ride and yes, they cause the whistling sound. This tends to get louder and irritating if the rotors are full of brake dust.

I do agree with sir mazdamazda that slotted disks are not cheap. But good brake pads are a good investment. If you take good care of your discs, they will last longer than your stock pads. I've had mine for 4 years now.

HTH and saves you an arm and a leg

Good day to all !!!
    I should correct this. The brakes are not deep yet and it can still get a grip. But I'm looking for something that would give good braking power. I think I should try the sanding process first before I conclude this problem of mine or maybe get a professional to check this.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    IMO... if you're just want some good stopping power... change your brake fluid, have your brakes cleaned, have your rotors refaced & replace your brake pads (don't go fo the super cheap Bendix... it is crap... as what speedyfix suggested you can opt for Tanabe... pwede din EBC Black).

This'll all cost you around P7-8K I think.

I just had those done for the Rav4... here's a cost breakdown:
    P4K - Tanabe brake pads c/o Speedyfix
    P2.3K - Brake cleaning & rotor refacing c/o Speedlab

bigbigcar.com Review: Hyundai Getz 1.5 CRDi
    Last edited by mazdamazda; March 4th, 2008 at 09:41 AM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    would drilled holes on ordinary disc brakes help increase stopping power?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Nope. It just helps dissipate heat. For 90% of performance users, slotted or even plain discs that are larger (with more heat capacity) will do.

Brake discs don't stop the car. The tires do. The discs' main job is to act as a friction surface for the calipers and pads to work upon, and as a heat sink to absorb brake heat.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    thanks niky!

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    i've noticed that the "return spring" (don't know how you call it) from the lower part is missing (or not?), what is the consequence of it ? does it affect the brake/brake pad in anyway? thanks !

7. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    nah, no effect yan... just might cause a little noise sa pads.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    instead of EBC black, go up to Green. good braking power with little dust.

i think with stock rotor or even aftermarket rotors in stock size, you gain the most with good brake pads.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by speedyfix View Post
    nah, no effect yan... just might cause a little noise sa pads.
    thank you very much sir !

10. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    mazdamazda, how are the brakes? ok na ba or still making noise?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Slotted Discs and good replacement brake pads