New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    I just want to ask how much will it cost me if I change the rotor discs to slotted ones?

Also, what are the brands that you would recommend for both the rotor discs and brake pads?

Ride: Civic 96 Vti

The reason I want to do this is that I've heard that it can reduce the noise when braking as well as better braking power. I've had it with the whistling sound (which I cannot find by the way).

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Call speedlab for a quote... there's a slotted disc lying around there yesterday... hehe.

http://www.speedlab.com.ph/

3. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    Call speedlab for a quote... there's a slotted disc lying around there yesterday... hehe.

http://www.speedlab.com.ph/
    By the looks of their website, I think they're pricey. Are they?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Slotted rotor discs & performance brake bads are not cheap.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    but, what would be a good brand for brake pads? except for the OeM ones, I also, need to change my pads, thanks..

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Why change rotor discs when you are not into racing. Original brake pads are not always the best as I have found out in my pajero. Try bendix pads but make sure your rotors are trued first before installing new pads.

If you feel that you want to change to slotted rotors because it looks good its your call. You can improve your brakes by just changing pads, fluid to dot 4 or 5 and stainless steel braided lines.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Si 06 View Post
    Why change rotor discs when you are not into racing. Original brake pads are not always the best as I have found out in my pajero. Try bendix pads but make sure your rotors are trued first before installing new pads.

If you feel that you want to change to slotted rotors because it looks good its your call. You can improve your brakes by just changing pads, fluid to dot 4 or 5 and stainless steel braided lines.
    I have bendix already. I think it's the culprit of the noise that I'm talking about. The noise is like someone whistling a hymn or something. I'm not changing the brakes to improve my cars looks. I'm just looking for good braking power.

What do you mean that the rotors are trued? Really can't get it. Sorry.

AFAIK, i have dot 5 for the brake fluid.

As for the stainless braided lines, I'm not sure about that either.

Q: How much for the steel braided lines and what are they? TIA.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    RE: DOT 5 do not ever make the mistake of mixing this with DOT 3 or 4. DOT 5 is very different than the other two.

If you want good braking power, do you think your car's braking performance has diminished? Does it take more effort to step on the brake?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    RE: DOT 5 do not ever make the mistake of mixing this with DOT 3 or 4. DOT 5 is very different than the other two.

If you want good braking power, do you think your car's braking performance has diminished? Does it take more effort to step on the brake?

Before I changed to DOT 5, we made it blead first.

Back to my question, what are steel braided lines?

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    DOT5 is not always recommended for street use, as it can eat into things... can your system actually take DOT5 without damage? You should read the warnings on the bottle first... DOT4 is the most aggressive fluid you will need for road use.

Slotted rotors aren't that expensive. Stock size should be between 5000 to 7000 pesos for a pair of front discs for your vehicle. That's not much more than brand new replacement discs. It's big brakes that cost a lot.

But if you want better braking, go stainless lines (will cost about as much), get better pads, and, most importantly, check that your discs are flat. have them refaced if they're warped, as warpage can cause poor brake feel and a deep pedal. But be warned... discs can only be refaced so far. if refacing doesn't do enough, then it might be time to replace the discs.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Slotted Discs and good replacement brake pads