New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    would it be ok to change the shock absorbers of starex to gas shocks. will it be too stiff o matagatg or will the ride be just ok or a bit firmer than the original fluid filled shocks.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    The ride WILL be a bit firmer than the original fluid shocks. My suggestion is feel your Starex if you are happy w/ the current softness of the shocks. If yes, then stick to fluid; else go for gas shocks. In my case, I found the original too soft so I shifted to gas shocks, and am quite happy with it. You can use KYB as it will last longer.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    easydeal,
    thanks. i'm inclined to changing my shocks to gas type. i want it firmer than the fluid type but not too firm na matagtag na and uncomfortable. will try kyb

4. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by raquino
    easydeal,
    thanks. i'm inclined to changing my shocks to gas type. i want it firmer than the fluid type but not too firm na matagtag na and uncomfortable. will try kyb
    Ok. Hope you enjoy it too.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    kyb won't be uncomfortable. go for it

6. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    will get the shocks soon. shall i change all 4 shocks at once or change the front or rear first.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    kung kaya lahat then get all. it's only a matter of budget

8. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    easydeal and speedyfix,
    got the kyb gas shocks and mounted them already. the rides good and comfortable, better than fluid type. it's not matagtag. mas ok road dampening properties niya and mas tahimik ang ride. my old shocks really busted which is the cause of the kalampag. now with my new shocks, the kalampags gone. thanks guys, i'm again enjoying the ride of my starex.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    that's great news!

10. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    That's great news! Am glad you're enjoying your ride.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
shocks for starex